Students applying to the Maricopa Nursing Program will need to complete the Nursing Entrance Exam (HESI A2).
Maricopa Nursing applicants will be tested in the following sections:
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary & General Knowledge
- Learning Style
- Personality Style
- Critical Thinking
The Science sections (Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology and Physics) will NOT be administered or used for admission to MCCCD Nursing Program. Visit the Maricopa Nursing Programs for admissions requirements.
The exam has a 4-hour time limit and costs $45 for MCCCD Nursing Program applicants. Payment is due on the day of testing. When you schedule your exam, select “HESI (for Maricopa Nursing Admission)”.
Testing for an Institution outside of the Maricopa Colleges?
Students testing for a non-Maricopa institution will be charged $45 for the exam and $25 for the proctoring fee. All sections are available for this option (including the Science sections - Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, and Physics).
This exam is un-timed, however, all exams must be submitted by the time the Testing Center closes. When scheduling your exam, you must select “HESI A2 Non-Maricopa” or else you may take the wrong exam. If you need any of the Science sections you must request the extra sections.
Prepare for the HESI A2
- You will need to create an Evolve account before you test. Your Evolve username and password are required on the day of testing.
- Information about the test and preparation are available online at: https://evolve.elsevier.com/studentlife/hesi.html
- Personal calculators are not permitted. When allowed, a calculator will appear in the testing program.
Schedule Your Appointment
Use the button below to schedule your appointment at our Testing Center. Please include your MEID or Student ID if you are testing for the Maricopa Nursing Program.
Bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- A current, valid government-issued photo ID
- Your Evolve username and password
- Payment method for fee - cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover are accepted
You will receive your scores immediately after testing. Scores are valid for two years.
You may retest after a 60-day waiting period. Up to two retests are permitted within one year from the date of the first valid test.
If you have a testing accommodation request, please contact Disability Resources and Services so they can review your accommodation request.