Our office acts as the liaison between the college and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The purpose of our office is to coordinate the processing of students' GI Bill educational benefits and, in a broader sense, to connect veteran and military students with the resources and services they need to reach their personal and academic goals.
Click on the links on the right hand side of the page for more information.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Financial Aid TV for Veterans:
Need extra money this semester? Come work with us in PVCC’s Veterans Services Office!
The VA Work Study program allows those who are using VA education benefits to earn $10.00 an hour/Tax Free! We provide flexible hours to schedule around your classes!
- Provide first contact customer service at front counter in the Veterans Services Office
- Provide students with general information related to VA education benefits
- Provide students with information regarding the status of their VA certification
- Respond to student email and phone inquiries
- Maintain, organize, and prepare files for certification process
- Assist in Veteran events around campus
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Applicants must be receiving VA education benefits under one of the following education programs; Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30), Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31), Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), Dependents Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35), Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606), Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- Classes must be certified to the VA for the upcoming Summer 2017 term
- Must be enrolled in at least 3⁄4 time
- Three positions available (including one at Black Mountain)
Submit your resume and VA application (VA Form 22-8691) to Tim Wilson by email: email@example.com or hand deliver to the Veterans Services Office (K108).