Virtual Drop-Ins Are Available!
The purpose of the virtual drop-in advising is to assist you with quick general questions. These sessions are intended to be quick check-ins (typically no more than 15 minutes).
If you need help with developing a full academic plan and/or have a series of questions and would prefer more in-depth time with an advisor, please scroll down to make an appointment with your advisor. We look forward to talking with you.
If you are a new student to PVCC and have never attended college, please visit Puma Power Up . We will help to get you all setup and ready to register for Summer/Fall!
Due to COVID-19, Academic advisement at PVCC is by phone appointments only.
New incoming students without any college credits are required to sign up for the Online Puma Power Up session for new student advising
Current or new transfer students with college credits can make a phone appointment with an academic advisor by clicking here.
Mission and Values
Mission: We advise and create educational pathways to foster student success.
- Advocate: Encourage student by advocating and motivating to attain their educational goals.
- Foster ownership & accountability: Deliver and share accurate instruction for students to achieve their educational goals with accountability.
- Empathy: Provide guidance, comfort and a safe space to listen and advise for all students.
Puma Power Up is only available Monday to Thursday. If you complete your Puma Power Up on Thursday or over the weekend. You will be contacted Monday or Tuesday of the following week.
Meeting your advisor is the first step in outlining both your short and long-term goals to prepare you for success. Our main mission is to see you thrive both in class and in life!
We’re here to help!
- Navigate schedules, scholarships, test scores and more.
- Create, review and re-evaluate your educational and life goals along the way.
- New Students - First step is attending a Puma Power Up session. Here you will connect with our advising team and be assigned an advisor. Click here to sign up.
- Continuing and college transfer students - Schedule an Appointment - Schedule a phone appointment by clicking below on your advisor. New students please follow the Puma Power Up steps above.
Want to change your major?
If you are not a Culture and Society major, your appointment will be canceled and forwarded to your assigned advisor.
- American Indian Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Journalism and New Media Studies
- Religious Studies
- Undecided Students
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Professor McNeal at email@example.com
- Nursing - RN and CEP only
Before making an appointment, students must complete the mandatory PVCC online Nursing Information Session. If you have not completed it when you make an appointment your appointment will be cancelled.
If you are pursuing one of the programs below please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, not Chris Hunt.
- Paramedic to RN
- LPN to RN
- CNA / NA
- Advanced Placement Nursing (already in a RN program, but want to transfer to PVCC)
Business and General Advising