Mission and Values
Mission: We advise and create educational pathways to foster student success.
- Advocate: Encourage student by advocating and motivating to attain their educational goals.
- Foster ownership & accountability: Deliver and share accurate instruction for students to achieve their educational goals with accountability.
- Empathy: Provide guidance, comfort and a safe space to listen and advise for all students.
Starting fall 2022 all new and transfer students must enroll in FYE101 or FYE103. We recommend you enroll in your first semester.
Discover which one is right for you!
In order to provide a full-range of support to our students, advisement is open for in-person and virtual walk-ins. Virtual walk-ins are recommended for general advising questions. For FOI specific walk-in needs, in-person walk-ins are available for specific days See schedule below
In-Person Walk-in Advising by FOI:
|Available Fields of Interest (FOI)||
Business / Cultural and Society / Visual and Performing Arts/General
Monday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Brett for Cultural and Society is available for walk-ins from 8:00 am to 11:00 am
Don, Brett, and Sharlene
Education / Nursing / and General Advising
Tuesday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Margarita, and Maile
Computer Information Technology /STEM /and Cultural & Society
Wednesday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Brett, for Cultural and Society, is available for walk-ins from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Jay, for Computer Information Technology, is available from 9 am to 5 pm
Jay, Brett, and Kristin
Health Sciences and Behavioral Health and Human Services
Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Ian is available from 9 am to 5 pm for Behavioral Health and Human Services.
Brian and Ian
All FOIs (Except Culture and Society)
Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Sharlene, Jay, Kristin, Brian, Margarita, Don, and Ian
For a faster response, please Email advising@paradisevalley.
Drop-in advising (online) for all students
Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm Friday 8am-2pm
The purpose of the virtual drop-in advising is to assist you with quick general questions. These sessions are intended to be quick check-ins (typically no more than 15 minutes).
Begin Virtual Drop-In Advising
Meeting your advisor is the first step in outlining both your short and long-term goals to prepare you for success. Our main mission is to see you thrive both in class and in life!
An "Undecided Student" is a student who has not declared a degree program (and/or identified the following as their program plan 1). Transfer to College/University 2). To meet University Requirement 3). Enter or advance in Job Market 4). Skills without Degree/Cert) upon admission to PVCC. If you do not meet these criteria and are unsure what degree program you plan to pursue, meet with a general advisor.
We’re here to help!
- Navigate schedules, scholarships, test scores and more.
- Create, review and re-evaluate your educational and life goals along the way.
- New Students - First step is attending a Puma Power Up session. Here you will connect with our advising team and be assigned an advisor.
- Continuing and college transfer students - Schedule an Appointment - Schedule a phone appointment by clicking below on your advisor. New students please follow the Puma Power Up steps above.
Want to change your major?
Dr. Brett McNeal
Culture and Society
- American Indian Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Journalism and New Media Studies
- Religious Studies
- Undecided Students
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Professor McNeal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Childhood
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Margarita Leyva at email@example.com
- Exercise Science
- Health Professions
- Healthcare Technology Systems
- Physical Therapy
- Dietetic Technology
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Brian Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Advising - Black Mountain Campus
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Andrew Langford at email@example.com
Visual and Performing Arts
- Audio Production
- Digital Arts
- Film and Media
- Graphic Design
- Media Arts
- Theatre Arts
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Sharlene Celeskey at Sharlene.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing - RN and CEP only
Before making an appointment, students must complete the mandatory PVCC online Nursing Information Session. If you have not completed it when you make an appointment your appointment will be cancelled.
If you are pursuing one of the programs below please contact email@example.com, instead of Maile Canlas.
- Paramedic to RN - contact Mesa Community College, as the program
at PVCC is currently on hold
- LPN to RN
- CNA / NA
- Advanced Placement Nursing (already in a RN program, but want to transfer to PVCC)
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Maile Canlas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business, Entrepreneurialism, and Management
- Human Resources
- Business Administration
- Entrepreneurship - Owning and operating a business
- International Business
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Don McCorkindale at Donald.email@example.com
Behavioral Health and Human Services
- Counseling and Applied Psychology
- Family Life Education
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Criminal Justice
- Law and Policy
- Administration of Justice Studies
- Fire Science
- Forensic Science
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Ian Jeffs at Ian.firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer and Information Technology
Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Web Design / Development
- Programming & Systems Administration
- Networking Technology
- Cyber Security
- Video Game Production
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Jay Franzen at email@example.com
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Biological Sciences
- Engineering Technology
- Food Science and Technology
- Geography - Meteorology
- Sustainability and Environmental Studies
Added Note: "For more information on our STEAM programs, click here!"
If there is no immediate appointment availability, email Kristin Bennes at Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org