Due to COVID-19, Academic advisement at PVCC is phone appointments only.
New incoming students without any college credits are required to sign up for the Online Puma Power Up session for new student advising
Current or new transfer students with college credits can make a phone appointment with an academic advisor by clicking here.
Mission and Values
Mission: We advise and create educational pathways to foster student success.
- Advocate: Encourage student by advocating and motivating to attain their educational goals.
- Foster ownership & accountability: Deliver and share accurate instruction for students to achieve their educational goals with accountability.
- Empathy: Provide guidance, comfort and a safe space to listen and advise for all students.
Puma Power Up is only available Monday to Thursday. If you complete your Puma Power Up on Thursday or over the weekend. You will be contacted Monday or Tuesday of the following week.
Meeting your advisor is the first step in outlining both your short and long-term goals to prepare you for success. Our main mission is to see you thrive both in class and in life!
We’re here to help!
- Navigate schedules, scholarships, test scores and more.
- Create, review and re-evaluate your educational and life goals along the way.
- New Students - First step is attending a Puma Power Up session. Here you will connect with our advising team and be assigned an advisor. Click here to sign up.
- Continuing and college transfer students - Schedule an Appointment - Schedule a phone appointment by clicking below on your advisor. New students please follow the Puma Power Up steps above.
Want to change your major?
Chat with us
When you see a green light below click “Chat with Us”, a staff member will assist you.
- American Indian Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Journalism and New Media Studies
- Religious Studies
- Early Childhood
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
Black Mountain Academic Advising