Information for Distance Learning Students
The Assessment/Testing Center at PVCC offers exam administration and proctoring services to Distance Learners in our community. The Assessment/Testing Center is a member of the Consortium of College Test Centers sponsored by the National College Testing Association. Paper and pencil exams, exams that require the use of a PC and MS Office applications such as MS Word or MS Excel, and internet exams can be accommodated. Please note that faxing, emailing, and copying services are not available. Tests will be received and returned by US Mail to one location only. Copies will not be made or kept on file.
- Contact information:
Paradise Valley Community College
18401 North 32nd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85032
- Specific proctors cannot be requested or assigned. Exams will be administered by any Assessment/Testing staff member on duty at the time the test is taken.
- Exams will be administered in a classroom or computer lab with other tests being administered at the same time. Individual testing rooms are not available.
- Internet or computer based tests can be administered but additional software cannot be installed. Passwords for computer based exams can be emailed to the above address.
- Complete instructions for the proctor must be provided in writing and must accompany the exam. Procedures conveyed by the examinee will not be accepted.
- Exams must be administered in one session either timed or untimed. Proctor will record beginning and end time but will not time subsections of the exam. Each separate timed or untimed portion of the exam will count as a separate exam and will require an additional exam fee. Time remaining will not be announced as it causes distraction for other examinees.
- Proctors will not collect additional materials from examinee or give additional materials to examinee, such as take-home tests, homework, projects, papers, registration forms, test results etc. Any such materials received will be returned at the expense of the originating institution or destroyed.
- All necessary test materials are to be supplied by the originating institution and must accompany the exam. This includes examinee information sheets, answer sheets, return envelopes, etc.
- Courier/overnight return of exams is not available. All tests and related materials will be returned by US mail to one location only, or via email. Processing takes approximately 1-2 business days. Please plan accordingly and allow sufficient time to process and return your test.
- Copies of completed tests cannot be made and will not be kept on file.
- It is the responsibility of the examinee to contact the originating school or institution to order tests, to make sure that test materials have arrived prior to the test date, and to follow up on any instructions requiring clarification.
- Current photo ID issued by city/state/federal government or school is required (ID without photo or issued by companies such as banks or gyms, check-cashing cards, membership cards, etc. are not accepted.)
- There is a $25 fee to proctor each exam or each section of the exam which requires timing. The fee must be paid at the cashier's office prior to test administration. The proctor will give you a detailed fee statement to take to the cashier's office. Fees may be paid by cash, check or money order payable to PVCC, or credit/debit card.
- Students must schedule an appointment to take their exam. All tests will be collected and students will be asked to leave at the scheduled closing time. Allow extra time for checking in and out, paying any fees, and completing any necessary paperwork required by your school or institution.
- All exams will be received and returned via US Mail or email. Processing incoming and outgoing tests takes approximately 1-2 business days. Please take this into account when having your exams sent to us and allow enough time for your test to be received, administered, and returned prior to any deadlines.
- Call 602-787-7050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.