Welcome to Paradise Valley Community College. We want you to be successful in college, right from the start. The following steps will assist you in your transition to college. By completing these steps, you are increasing your chances of completing your educational goal. Stop by our Welcome Center in KSC building if you have questions along the way or call 602-787-7020.
To get admitted, please do the following:
- If you are planning on pursuing a degree or certificate, explore the options available to you. Please note: Not all degrees and certificates are offered at every college.
- Complete the admissions application. If you have applied in the past or taken classes, please use the Returning Student Application. You will select your college and the degree or certificate you plan to pursue when completing the application. If you are not pursuing a certificate or degree and taking classes, you will only choose your college of interest.
- Provide proof of identification during the online application process. If you are unable to provide your ID via the admissions application, you can also submit it here once you have submitted your application.
- Submit your official transcripts for any previous college coursework to your college of interest’s Admissions, Records, and Registration Office.
- If you will be paying for college using Federal Financial Aid, start the process.
Please note: If you started your application more than 48 hours ago, you will need to start a new application.
You may also contact the Admissions, Records, and Registration office at the college you plan to attend. Each college may have alternative ways for you to complete and submit your admissions form (English version | Spanish version).
As you complete step one, we recommend you write down the following information on your Enrollment Steps guide:
- Student ID number
- Maricopa email address
Important reminder: Your Maricopa student email at google.maricopa.edu will be active as soon as you are admitted to a college.
Complete Tasks in Student Center
After you successfully get admitted, you may have additional tasks to complete. To view your tasks, log in to your Student Center.
If you are new to college, you may have tasks in your Student Center to determine course placement or attend New Student Orientation and seek initial academic advising.
Maricopa Community Colleges offers multiple ways to identify the proper courses for your success. To get started with this step, visit Assessment and Placement to find out how to submit placement documents or take online placement assessments.
If you have taken college-level English, math, or reading courses at a previous college or university, ensure your official transcripts have been sent to your college of interest. You may not need to determine placement based on your previous coursework.
Set Up Initial Academic Advising & New Student Orientation
All new students must attend NSO (New Student Orientation) to get advised and register for classes. Registration after a class starts will not be permitted. Students must be enrolled in a class and in attendance on the first day of class.
Advisors will help you with identifying courses and creating an educational plan to meet your academic goals. Our colleges can provide academic advisement in a variety of ways:
Please check with the PVCC Academic Advising Office for your advisement options.
As you prepare for your academic advisement session, explore your program and degree options here. Be sure to discuss your academic goals and course options with your Advisor during your session. Make a note of the courses you and your Advisor discussed on your Enrollment Steps guide.
To make the registration process easier, review the recommended course subject(s) and number(s) (e.g., ENG 101, MAT152, etc.) that you have discussed with your Academic Advisor. To register for classes, go to your Student Center and click the Manage Classes tile, select Class Search and Enroll from the menu. For more detailed instructions, please click here.
- Individual or Group
- Appointment or Walk-In
- Phone or Email
Register for Classes
If you know the classes you need to take, then do the following:
- Use Find a Class to search for your classes and select “Open Classes Only.”
- Keep track of your courses’ section numbers for adding classes.
- In your Student Center, click on the Manage Classes tile.
- Use Class Search and Enroll to get registered.
If you don’t know the classes you need to take, do one of the following:
- Use the self-serve course selection guide.
- Meet with an academic advisor at your college.
Then, follow the steps to register for classes.
Once you have registered for your classes, you will be able to view your tuition rate classification in the Student Center. The tuition rate is determined by the submission of your ID and other supporting documents. For more information, go to Residency Information.
Pay Tuition and Fees
After you have registered for classes, you need to make payment arrangements.
If you do not pay the balance of your tuition and fees by the due date, you will not be able to register for any additional classes or receive your transcripts. To check the due date of your tuition and fees, go to your Online Student Center.
You can explore ways to make payment arrangements at maricopa.edu/paying-for-college. Be sure to monitor your Student Center for the current tuition balance.