To get admitted, please do the following:
- Explore degree & certificate options at PVCC.
- Unsure about your major? Check out Pipeline AZ.
- Complete the admissions application.
- If you have applied in the past or taken classes, please use the Returning Student Application.
- Provide proof of identification during the online application process. If you are unable to provide your ID via the admissions application, you can also submit it here once you have submitted your application.
- Set up Duo two-factor authentication
- Once you are admitted, you will need to set up Duo two-factor authentication to access Maricopa student systems.
- Two-factor authentication is a required security measure to protect your account, and needs to be established by you (the student) using your MEID@maricopa.edu email address and phone number.
- Go to www.maricopa.edu/duo to learn how to get started and for more information on Duo security requirements. Information for students without a smartphone is also available there.
- If applicable, submit your official transcripts for any previous college coursework. Be sure to submit a transcript evaluation request so we can process the transcript once we receive it.
- Determine how you plan to pay for college. Explore paying for college and understand your deadlines. If you will be paying for college using Federal Financial Aid, start the process.
Please note: If you started your application more than 48 hours ago and did not complete it, you will need to start a new application and will be given a new Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID). Applications that are started but not completed will be purged within 48 hours after it was created.
Don’t forget to write down your MEID, Student ID number, and Maricopa email address (which is activated after you are admitted).
This step is for new to college students only. Transfer students or students taking courses for personal enrichment only should continue to Step 3.
- Log in to your Student Center to work on additional important steps before you can register. You will receive a Duo push notification to access your Student Center.
- Determine Placement. PVCC offers multiple ways to identify the proper courses for your success.
- General Placement Information
If you don't have the needed high school GPA, GED, ACT/SAT, or ACCUPLACER scores for placement, you can use EdReady to take free assessments that are used for placement in English, reading, and math courses.
- Placement Coach
The Placement Coach uses high school GPA, ACT, SAT, GED, ACCUPLACER, and EdReady scores to provide you with course recommendations.
- Participate in Puma Pre-Advising to learn about how to be a successful student at PVCC and to get help setting up your first semester schedule.
- Connect with your Academic Advisor to set up your personalized education plan and confirm your schedule.
- If you don’t know the classes you need to take, try:
- If you know the classes you need to take, go ahead and get started:
- Utilize your specific program Pathway Map to find the correct course for your program. Check out these helpful resources if you need help deciding which classes to take
- Use the PVCC Class Schedule to search for your classes and select “Show Only Open Classes”
- Keep track of your classes’ section numbers for adding classes
- In your Student Center, click on the Manage Classes tile. Watch for your Duo push notification to log in
- Use Class Search and Enroll to get registered
- After you have registered for classes, you need to make payment arrangements.
- Check the due date of your tuition and fees.
- Explore ways to make payment arrangements.
The tuition rate is determined by the submission of your ID and other supporting documents. For more information, go to Residency Information.