Puma New Student Advisement
Student Success Services
Welcome and congratulations on choosing Paradise Valley Community College!
Your next step is to attend a Puma Pre-Advising Session. All first-time college students and degree-seeking students who plan on completing a degree or transferring to a college or university must meet with a Puma Pre-Advising Navigator before registering for classes.
Designed specifically for new-to-college students, the Puma Pre-Advising Navigator will help you get off to a great start! We look forward to meeting with you to:
- Discuss your academic goals and help you identify a pathway
- Explain which classes you will start with based on your high school GPA or your ACT, GED, or placement test scores. Visit our Course Placement page for more information.
- Walk you through logging in to your Maricopa Student Center
- Assist you with selecting your first-semester classes
- Help you understand payment options
- Introduce you to your Student Success Advisors for your Field of Interest
- Provide a referral if you need to follow up with one of our helpful team members in another department
Request Online Tutorial (Puma Pre-Advising)
Click the Blue Button below to request the Puma Pre-Advising. A team member from the Puma Pre-Advising Navigators will follow up on your request. Information and details will be sent directly to your student email inbox, click HERE to access it with your MEID and password.