Under the leadership of Dr. Norma Chandler, the Student CARE Team is comprised of professionals from the college departments listed below, who will be reaching out to students to address concerns submitted through CARE or Notify reports. Although faculty and staff may make referrals to these departments directly, submitting a CARE or Notify report is an early alert that provides that extra layer of a personal touch to help students who may not be inclined to follow up on the referral on their own. Evening, weekend, and struggling students may also not be able to follow up.
Note: Both of these reporting systems are similar, however, only faculty may use Notify as it is connected to the Class Roster and simplifies reporting for faculty. Additionally, Notify also allows faculty to submit positive referrals for student’s personal growth and development.
- Academic Analyst (academic) – referral based on FOI
- Counseling (personal, financial, and/or academic): Dr. Jim Rubin
- Career Services (finding a job or internship): John McCrudden
- Disability Resource Services: Elsbeth Schneider-Pollack
- Early College: Dr. Audrey Moreno
- Financial (Financial aid, scholarships, loans, etc.): Elizabeth Carlon
- Honors (Use Notify): Jenny Neujoy and Dr. John Douglass
- Learning Success Center (Success Coach): Samantha Francois
- MENs and Women’s Rising Programs(Use Notify): Iris Love
- Student Life and Leadership (Use Notify): Mike Ho
- Veterans Services – Nate Kelley