Maricopa Emergency Management System Alert

All PVCC employees, students and visitors are required to wear face coverings while indoors and encouraged to practice social distancing while on campus. PVCC cares about you and your safety! If you are not feeling well, please do not come to campus.

How to report Coronavirus (Covid19)

SPRING 2022 OPEN REGISTRATION STARTS NOVEMBER 15!   We're here to help. Chat with us:, Call us: 602-787-7000, or email us: Updated - October 28, 2021
Enroll for Spring 2022 | Spring 2022 Learning Options | Online Services  |  All Things Covid-19  | Student Relief Grant Information

New Military Students


Welcome to PVCC and thank you for your service!

New Military Students are considered those who have not used VA Education Benefits before at any institution of higher education. If you have attended any other institutions using your VA Education Benefits your process is slightly different and you will not need to complete an application to begin using the benefits. 

If you are a new military student begin here.

  1. Apply for admission or directly at [Maricopa Community Colleges Admissions]. (
  2. Go to Placement Testing and take the Academic Tests required for enrolling in classes. 
  3. Print unofficial transcripts from prior institutions and Joint Service Transcripts (Military Transcripts). Go to JST Transcript database.
    REMINDER: All military students are required to have all transcripts on file with PVCC including military service transcripts in order to utilize VA Education Benefits. Meet with your Academic Advisor and provide all transcripts for unofficial review. 

Additional steps listed below will be discussed in the PVCC Veterans Services Office (VSO).

  1. Apply for Veterans Benefits using the VA’s VETS.GOV website
  2. Once you’ve enrolled, fill out the Veterans Request for Benefits Form to request deferments. This form notifies the VA of your upcoming schedule and prevents classes from being dropped before your benefits are received from the VA. Reminder: This form is required for each semester!
  3. Request all official Transcripts (High School, GED, and/or any accredited colleges) be sent to:
    Paradise Valley Community College
    Attention Records Office
    18401 N. 32nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85032

Documents Needed to Begin Classes:

  • DD-214 (Military Discharge Document - Copy Member 4). This can be used in the meantime showing proof of military service and educational eligibility.
  • DD-2384 (NOBE - Notice of Basic Eligibility) (for Chapter Ch 1606 only)
  • Certificate of Eligibility (COE) provided by the VA via mail once the application for benefits has been completed. (Usually received between 4-6 weeks after application is submitted.)

Apply for Benefits in Conjunction with VA Education Benefits:
Determine eligibility for grants and/or loans by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (PVCC Federal School Code is: 026236).