Hoop of Learning
The Hoop of Learning Program serves Native American students and is designed as a high school-to-college bridge program administered by the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD). For more than 10 years, we have provided thousands of Native American students who, largely due to socio-economic reasons, would not have access to higher education, a pathway to college.
Our goal is to:
- Increase high school graduation and retention rates.
- Increase Native American enrollment and participation in college.
- Empower Native American students to reach their goals.
- Enhance Native American culturally relevant curriculum.
- Increase diversity on campus.
- Strengthen partnerships with external Native American communities, school districts, and other agencies.
- Student must be an enrolled member of a federal/state recognized tribe (or in the process of obtaining a census #.)
- Students are required to contact their High School counselor for approval.
- Student must show proof of citizenship (CIB, or Birth Certificate)
- Students must take Assessment tests in Reading, Writing & Math.
- Student must have a minimum 2.00 GPA in High School
- Student & Parent(s) must attend mandatory orientation.