The Paramedic to AAS Degree in Nursing Bridge Program includes coursework that will provide paramedics with the theory and clinical competencies to successfully progress into the second or third semester of the MaricopaNursing program of study.
The Bridge Program will be offered at Paradise Valley Community College in fall each year. This program consists of up to 9 credits and includes on-line components, in-class sessions, and structured clinical experiences in local hospitals and medical centers.
Successful completion of the Bridge Program will meet eligibility requirements for Advanced Placement application into the second or third semester of the Nursing Program. For admission the student must complete the Advanced Placement Application Packet for Paramedic Applicants available at
http://nursing.maricopa.edu. The Bridge Program is valid for nine (9) months after completion.
Requirements - Paramedic to Associate in Applied Science in Nursing (RN) Bridge Program
- High School graduation or GED
- Transcripts: Request that all official high school, colleges and university transcripts be sent to Paradise Valley Community College, 18401 N. 32nd StreetPhoenix, AZ 85032, for evaluation. Credit by Evaluation is required for vocational or non-credit courses or courses taken at non-accredited institutions.
- Education Courses required for admission into the program: Minimum grade required is a "C"; or 2.0
- CHM130+CHM130LL Fundamental Chemistry with lab or one year high school Chemistry
- BIO201 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIO202 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIO205 Microbiology **Not required to submit...but highly recommended to complete before submission of application
- MAT141, 142 or higher College Mathematics
- ENG101 First year Composition
- NUR187 Pharmacology & Med Administration II or equivalent (NCE170) (within 12months of application)
- Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card: See an advisor for information and application packet to apply for the card. Allow 4 to 8 weeks to receive the FCC.
- HESI A2 Admission Exam: Applicants must meet the score requirements posted in the admission packet.
- Copy of current, valid and unrestricted Arizona or National Paramedic Registry Certificate. Minimum of one year of paramedic work experience within last 3 yrs or permission of nursing director.
Refer to the Advanced Placement Information & Application Packet for Paramedic Applicants for more information on applying for admission into the nursing program and the general education courses required for graduation.
Successful completion of the Associate in Applied Sciences in Nursing Degree provides eligibility for graduates to seek licensure as a Registered Nurse through the State Board of Nursing. Licensing requirements are the exclusive responsibility of the State Boards of Nursing.