At Paradise Valley Community College, students can pursue both Associate Degrees and Professional Certificates (referred to as Certificates of Completion) in areas of Fire Science and Emergency Medical Technology. For information on the different types of degrees and certificates offered, as well as information on how to get started pursuing your Fire Science and/or Emergency Medical Technology education, please click on the respective area below.
For those interested in an advisement appointment for their Fire Science and/or EMT educational path, please call the EMT/FSC Office at 602-787-6782 to schedule an appointment. For those needing questions answered regarding any of our EMT/FSC courses, please browse our various webpages or call the office number above and our staff can assist you in answering your questions.
Earn Credit for Prior EMS/Fire Service Experience & Education
PVCC offers a credit for prior learning program in both Fire Science and EMT. We award credit for a student's previous fire service/EMS training, education, and experience. This credit is awarded based on current professional standards, specifically the awarding of credit for certification & experience meeting, or exceeding, National Fire Protection Association standards, and/or AZ DHS/National Registry standards. Please contact the EMT/FSC office at 602-787-6782 to discuss this program and determine how you can be awarded college credit for your fire service/EMS experience.
- Complete an admissions form on-line or in person at the Welcome Center located in the KSC Building on campus.
- If you have previous college credits from another college/university outside of the Maricopa Community College District, send an official transcript from that college/university to the PVCC Admissions & Records office, and request the PVCC Admissions & Records office to process the transcript within two weeks of the official transcript sent date.
- Complete college placement tests at PVCC. Contact the PVCC Testing Center (602-787-7050) / website for information on tests offered/needed for your education path and hours of operation.
- Setup an advisement appointment with the EMT/FSC Office Staff regarding the Fire Science, EMT, and/or Paramedic Education Programs by contacting the EMT/FSC Office at 602-787-6782. Please browse through the Degrees/Certificates section above, as well as our various webpages above for more information as well.
- Register for classes either online at my.maricopa.edu, by phone at 602-787-7000, or in person through the Welcome Center in the KSC Building on campus.