Communication and Liberal Arts Division
We strive to create excellent learning opportunities that foster creative and critical thinking, inclusiveness, and personal growth.
The Division's Goals:
- Educate learners in human knowledge and communication by offering a wide range of courses that meet learners' needs.
- Provide guidance and opportunities for learners to practice skills and develop dispositions of confident and competent communicators in interpersonal, small group, public, and intercultural contexts.
- Use state of the art research, technology, teaching & learning methodologies, and delivery systems to provide learning opportunities that meet the needs and interests of students and the community.
- Design learning opportunities that allow students to feel empowered, think deeply and have an understanding of the world and their role in it, and bring greater meaning to their lives.
- Provide learners with the means they can use to resolve their conflicts in a civil and non-confrontational manner.
- Model an appreciation, respect, and celebration of human diversity and differences.
- Actively support the personal and professional development of faculty and staff members.
- Provide an educational environment where teaching and learning are top priorities.