PVCC is an artistic exploration for students wishing to pursue either an Associate of Fine Arts in Theatre or Musical Theatre or choose from a variety of Theatre Certificates. Our Mission is to educate the whole person and to serve our student artists and our community by providing learning opportunities that are designed to help students discover their artistic passion, further their talents, and help them achieve their goals. Students gain valuable experience in acting, directing, stage managing, designing, stage combat, playwriting, and working backstage on 5+ theatre shows produced in the two theatres on campus.
Our Vision: The PVCC theatre department aspires to be the higher learning organization of choice for creating engaging lifelong educational relationships that inspire and support all learners and artists to increase their capacity for artistic and personal growth and positive social change.
- Stage Combat – certificate with PVCC and the Society of American Fight Directors in all 8 weapons
- Storybook Playhouse – theatre education and performance for children
- Playwriting and Directing
- Theatre Club and Technical Theatre Club
- Participation in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival & Artists of Promise
- Perform and work on shows every semester
- Musical theatre shows and workshops