PVCC’s two-year Theatre Program is an artistic exploration for students wishing to pursue a certificate or degree in theatre, musical theatre and film. Our goal is to educate imaginative, knowledgeable, skilled artists, helping them to find their passion and further their talents. Students gain valuable experience in acting, directing, stage managing, designing, playwriting, and working backstage on 5+ theatre shows produced in the two theatres on campus.
- Stage Combat – certification with the Society of America Fighters Directors in all 8 weapons
- Storybook Playhouse – theatre education and performance for children
- Playwriting and directing
- Theatre Club and Technical Theatre Club
- Participation in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
Perform and work on shows every semester
- Musical theatre workshops