As a community of learners, Paradise Valley Community College is committed to the continual assessment of college programs, policies, and practices. As an integral component for support, the community should be aware of the value that Paradise Valley Community college plays in the economic future of our students, and of our service area. We are pleased to share with you our annual report on the economic impact and the average annual return on investments for our taxpayers:
- PVCC added $431.6 million in income to the Maricopa County economy during the analysis year (FY16/17), equal to the sum of the operations spending impact, the student spending impact, and the alumni impact.
- The report concluded that Arizona taxpayers see a 5.3 benefit-cost ratio, i.e, every $1.00 in costs returns $5.30 in benefits.
- The average return on investment for taxpayers is 15.4%.
- The students’ benefit-cost ratio is 3.7. In other words, for every dollar students invest in PVCC, in the form of out-of-pocket expenses and forgone time and money, they will receive a cumulative value of $3.70 in higher future earnings.
- Annually, the students’ investment in PVCC has an average annual internal rate of return of 14.9%, which is impressive compared to the U.S. stock market’s 30-year average rate of return of 10.1%.
PVCC enriches the lives of students by raising their lifetime earnings and helping them achieve their individual potential. The college benefits state and local taxpayers through increased tax receipts and reduced demand for government-supported social services. Finally, PVCC benefits society as a whole in Arizona by creating a more prosperous economy and generating a variety of savings through the improved lifestyles of students. Please take a moment to review the full report.