The Learning Success Center is back on campus as well as virtually for your out-of-class learning needs. Work live with tutors and success coaches both in person and online.
Currently, our in-person hours, in the LSC in room E180 of the E building (next door to the Computer Commons and across from the Buxton Library) are
- Monday 8 am - 2 pm
- Tuesday 8 am - 2 pm
- Wednesday 1 pm - 7 pm
- Thursday 1 pm - 7 pm
- Friday 11 am - 5 pm
Bring your student ID and come in for tutoring, success coaching, resources, and study rooms. You don't need an appointment, but we do offer appointments for the Writing Center, Success Coaching, and study rooms.
To reach tutors online, log in to https://paradisevalley.
- Sign in with your MEID and password.
- Authorize access to your account.
- View the tutors, their subjects, and their schedules.
- Join a tutor by clicking on the Walk-In Tutoring box.
Our online hours are
- Monday - Thursday 8 am - 7 pm
- Friday 8 am - 5 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 2 pm
- Sunday 4 pm - 8 pm
To schedule in-person and online appointments with Success Coaches and Writing Center consultants, call us at (602) 787-7180. Please leave your name and phone number if you reach voicemail, and we'll call you right back during our hours of operation.
If you need help or have questions, please call us at (602) 787-7180 or email us at dl-PVC-lsc@paradisevalley.
Studies show that students who reach out for academic assistance are likely to have a cumulative GPA a full letter grade higher than college students that don’t seek out tutoring. When you step inside the LSC, you’ll discover a warm and welcoming environment; your biggest cheer leaders, ready to witness your success.
- Manage time more effectively
- Improve college reading, comprehension, and note-taking
- Acquire ideas for study skills and test preparation
- Learn to work collaboratively in groups
- Discover strategies for learning, practicing, and reinforcing class material
- Understand how to apply academic resources to classes
- Apply college-level study skills to learning
Navigating college life can be hard. The LSC tutors will help reinforce concepts and information taught in class, and also assist you with referrals to useful areas such as Financial Aid, Buxton Library, Career Services and more.