Can students check out the laptop?
Eligible students can check out laptops, hotspots, and additional devices by using this process that is managed in partnership by the PVCC Library and Information Technology departments. Begin the process by clicking on the button below. If a student does not have access to the Internet to make this request online, please have them call (602)787-7780.
Who is eligible?
- Only currently enrolled PVCC students in good standings without a computer or access to a computer are eligible to check out a laptop.
- Laptops are checked out on a first come, first serve basis.
- Internet Hotpots are available in very limited quantities, and will require further justification and review before the request can be approved.
Checking out Hotspots
- Hotspots are reserved using the library check-out process.
- Since we are limited on Hotspots you will be required to provide a justification statement. Hotspot will be issued based on needs.
- Because some of our Hotspots were purchased through a grant you may be required to do a follow up survey to meet the requirement of our Grant.
- Damage or loss will result in a financial hold and subsequent lien for the replacement value of the Hotspot $73.
Checking out laptops
PVCC is providing laptops for students who need a computer to complete their classes. We have a limited quantity of laptops, so this is a first-come-first-serve reservation. If you can share devices among those in your household or leverage your smartphone to complete your assignments, we ask that you not make a reservation.
Complete the following form:
- Laptop Request Reservation - Form
Please note your checkout will have a financial hold placed on your Student Center account equal to the laptop's value $1100.00. If equipment is damaged or lost, you will be responsible for the accrued expense.
Equipment pick up will be on one of the following dates:
- January 10 - 12, 8 AM - 5 PM
- January 13, 9:00 AM - 3 PM
- January 16 - 18, 8 AM - 9 PM
- January 19, 8 AM - 5 PM
You will pick up your laptop at E Bldg - Northwest Doors (Image in upper right corner)
Please bring your Student or Photo ID
*To use the device, you must provide your Internet access. Access can be through Wi-Fi or a smartphone Hotspot. The college has listed providers and resources through Student Support Resources.
Additional Remote Learning resources are available off the Student's page (top of home page), where you can find links and apps you may need for your classes.
Returning laptops and other devices
PVCC will maintain the inventory of devices.
- All equipment is due the week after class has ended.
- Please ensure you backup all of your data onto your MCCCD provided Google Drive before returning your device as all laptops will be wiped once returned.
- An email reminder will be sent a week prior to the due date
- Please refer to this link for some tips on returning equipment to campus: Learn before you Return Quick Start.
- You will need to bring your Equipment (e.g. laptop and power cord) to E building - Northwest Doors. View Location
- Equipment that is not returned will result in a hold on your academic account and subsequent debt collections. Replacement fees: Laptop $1100, Hotspot $73.00
Return Dates for Spring 2024
- Students can return laptops anytime during regular Computer Commons hours on or before May 10.
When you come:
- Report to E Bldg - Northwest Doors View Location
- Remember to bring your equipment (e.g. laptop & power cord).
- Students will receive a laptop which is preloaded for online learning (Canvas, WebEx, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office 365).
- Technology support will be available over the phone at (602)787-7780 or remotely through the Information Technology Helpdesk.
- Only the pre-loaded software or software required for use on the device by your course(s) will be supported. We are unable to support non-PVCC authorized software installations.