Congratulations! You’ve survived first semester. Looking for things to keep you busy this winter break? We’ve got you covered; from checking off things on your to do list, to local holiday events, or quick road trips, Arizona in December has a lot to offer with cooler temperatures and lots of sunshine.
Staying Home this Holiday Season?
- Take a cooking class
- Get organized - overhaul a closet, the pantry or the garage
- Catch up on your favorite shows
- Nestle in with a good book
- Tackle a DIY project you’ve been eyeing
Looking for holiday events to get you in the spirit?
- Phoenix ZooLights
One of the valley’s most popular holiday events, tickets include entrance to Dinosaurs in the Desert.
- Glendale Glitters
Includes the Murphy Park lights and displays, performances in the amphitheater, the Hometown Christmas Parade, Movies by Moonlight, and additional events held by the downtown merchants.
- Las Noches de las Luminarias - Desert Botanical Gardens longest running tradition
- The classic Nutcracker ballet will be performed at various theaters in and around Phoenix including Chandler Center for the Arts, Phoenix Symphony Hall and the Orpheum Theater.
Low on Cash?
- Using the Alltrails app, discover outdoorsy adventures including biking, hiking, bird watching, horseback riding, rock climbing and more.
- Gather friends and roast S'mores over a bonfire under the stars.
- Visit a museum on one of the free admission days.
- Spend an afternoon at Heritage Square
- The scenic seven-mile loop around Tempe Town Lake is a great workout or casual stroll.
Want to Get Out of Town?
- Take a trip to the snow - Flagstaff and the White Mountains both offer a winter wonderland for snow sports including skiing and sledding.
- Arizona’s No. 1 tourist destination - The Grand Canyon - is considered one of the seven wonders of the world.
- Head south and discover the authenticity of Tucson. With majestic mountains, delicious Mexican food and rich history, it’s definitely worth checking out.