You’ve survived Spring semester and are getting the hang of this 100 percent online learning. So, why not take advantage of your newfound skills and get a jumpstart on your fall classes? Or perhaps learn a new skill this summer, a foreign language or gain some mental and physical wellness while stuck indoors?
For the first time, Paradise Valley Community College and all of our Maricopa County Community College sister schools are offering summer online courses. While we continue to navigate through the pandemic, Arizona’s rising mercury will naturally keep us indoors more, so, check out these classes while you’re at it.
- Learn a foreign language – Try your hand at Japanese (JPN 102), Sign Language (SLG 101), or Spanish (SPA 101, SPA 102, SPA 201 and 202).
- Fitness Center Classes – Sign up for one or two-credit classes that include daily live workouts and the option for individualized instruction and personal training. There are a variety of classes to choose from including yoga, tai chi, martial arts, Zumba, or cardio and resistance training.
- Music lovers check out Rock Music and Culture (MHL153) or Jazz and Popular Music (MHL145).
- Love to Dance? Choose from Intro to Dance (DAH100) or Ballroom Dancing (PED101BD)
- Art lovers can explore Drawing1 (ART111) and Two-dimensional Design (ART112)
- Health nuts can sharpen their skills with Intro to Nutrition (FON100) and Healthful Living (HES100)
There are dozens of classes to choose from. Check out the full list of Summer 2020 course offerings here. Classes start May 26 and offer flexibility with both 4-week and 8-week summer sessions available, in two formats – either live online and recorded, on your own time.
Live online classes meet on specific days at specific times and attendance is mandatory. On Your Time Online classes are a bit more flexible; classes do not meet at a specific time or date, rather coursework has specific deadlines.
Ready to sign up for Summer session? Register here.