SUMMER EVENTS AT PVCC:
PVCC MEMORIAL DAY CELEBRATION: featuring musical performances by vocalist Thomas Strawser, pianist Andria Fennig, and the Salt River Brass Quintet
Wednesday, May 24th at 7:00pm. CPA Mainstage Theater. Free Admission. Pre-show reception begins at 6:30pm.
The PVCC Memorial Day Celebration is sponsored in part by Desert Ridge Community Association
A MUSICAL TRIBUTE TO SINGER-SONGWRITERS
June 2nd at 7:30pm. CPA Mainstage Theater. $6-$10 admissiont. *4 ticket fee for tickets purchased at the door
Featuring music from some of greatest singer-songwriters from the 1970s through today, including James Taylor, Jackson Browne, Joni Mitchell, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Billy Joel, Stevie Nicks, Ryan Adams, George Ezra, Vance Joy and much more!
Performed by the Union32 All-Star Band with dynamic singer-songwriters Ciara Cisneros, Cameron DeGurski, Janae Dunn, Micah Lukas, Alex Mullins, Ally Owens, and Callie Young.
All proceeds from this concert will benefit the Alice Coopers Solid Rock to PVCC Pathway Scholarship Fund.
Month of June 2017 - Summer Camps
Click here to download the flyer for the 2017 STEAM Summer Camps.
The following camps (some camps will require a registration fee) will be forthcoming, summer 2017:
1) Entrepreneurship Camp - Innovate and develop entrepreneurial skills with feeder and alternative high school students. This two-week summer program will teach product development and product prototyping using 3D printing. Camp participants will network with other business-oriented students and compete in teams to win a number of different prizes and meet current professionals working in the field of business. This camp runs from June 5 - June 15, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Registration fee is $45.00. Click on the link below to apply for this camp:
For more information about this Entrepreneurship Camp, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Jazz Music Camp - Join fellow high school student musicians and obtain the tools to perform at a high level as well as with a better understanding of jazz theory, improvisation and small ensemble performance. This camp will run June 5 - June 8, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Registration fee is $100.00. Click here to register for this camp.
For more information about this Jazz Music Camp, contact email@example.com
3) Math Camp - The Summer 2017 Math Camps (one in June and one in August) are for all new students who have only taken the Accuplacer math placement test once and placed into either pre-college or developmental MAT082 or MAT092. The 24 hours of content review will be followed by students re-testing on the placement test with a goal of placing into a higher, college-level math class. The dates for each math camp are the following: Monday, June 12 - Wednesday, June 21, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (first week meets Monday through Thursday, second week meets Monday through Wednesday); Monday, July 31 - Wednesday, August 9, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (first week meets Monday through Thursday, second week meets Monday through Wednesday). Click here to register for this camp.
For more information about this Math Camp, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Music Technology Camp - This summer camp will provide a fundamental level of instruction as well as an overview of all of the uses of technology in the creation of commercial music. This camp will run from June 12 - June 15, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Registration fee is $100.00. Click here to register for this camp.
For more information about this Music Technology Camp, contact email@example.com
5) STEAM Camp - This cancer-themed camp is designed to immerse Junior and Senior high school students into the STEAM experience. Various activities representing Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math will be part of a two-week summer camp. Valuable hands-on experience gained will include, but not be limited to, the following: working with cancer cells, learning the basics of Java and C code as applied to the healthcare industry, potentially designing and printing 3D models, working with computer-interfaced medical simulation mannequins, ferrofluids, nuclear decay measurements, and learning about proton beam therapy for cancer treatment. This will culminate in a field trip to the Mayo Clinic Proton Beam Therapy Facility. The registration fee for this camp is $150 (cost covers daily lunches, water, hands-on labs and activities, a field trip to the Mayo Clinic Proton Beam Therapy Facility, and a Certificate of Completion). This two-week camp runs from June 5 - June 15, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (note that due to patient treatments, the field trip to the Mayo Clinic Proton Beam Therapy Facility will occur at 5:30 PM on Tuesday, June 13. The camp will run that day only from 12:00 PM - 6:30 PM). Click on the link below to apply for this camp (application deadline is Monday, April 3, 2017):
For more information about this STEAM Camp, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Young Authors' Camp - This camp allows students in grades 9 through 12 to engage with writing in various genres and forms. From fiction to poetry, students are encouraged through hands-on activities facilitated by published author-faculty that stimulate and grow the student artist. This camp will run from June 26 - June 29, Monday through Thursday. Registration fee is $100.00. Click here to register for this camp.
For more information about this Young Authors' Camp, contact email@example.com
7) PVCC Summer Dance Conservatory 2017, June 5-June 29, 9:30A-3:30P, for student 16 years old and up. (Students 14-15 years old may enroll with a parent.)
Course Information: DAN290AB Dance Conservatory I 2 credits
Course Description: Organized and tailored around the interests and needs of the individual student. Structured to provide an atmosphere of individualized research and study paralleled by professional expertise and guidance. Professional-type facilities and equipment available for student use. Allows the best aspects of independent study and individualized learning to be combined to maximize student development. Students will participate in an informal classroom showing on 06/29/17. Registration fee is $195.00. Additional Course Fee: $7. Click here to register for this camp.
For more information about this PVCC Summer Dance Conservatory, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
8) Summer Camp Theatre Workshops
Workshop Title: Stage Combat
A two week Unarmed stage combat workshop, Monday through Thursday, from 10:00am to 2:00 culminating in a skills proficiency test with the SAFD- Society of American Fight Directors (a Fight Master would come in at the end to adjudicate and work with the students). The workshop would be for high school students, high school teachers, and college students. Focusing on the skills needed for unarmed combat, students would learn such things as to fall, slap, and punch safely. June 19-29. Registration fee is $250.00. Click here to register for this camp.
Workshop Title: Creating Believable Characters
Creating Believable Characters is exclusively for high school students(those entering 9th-12th grades). Focus will be on creating well-rounded and believable characters for the stage and for performance. Focus will be on process and not on creating a production. Characters may be explored through monologue/scene work, improvisation, process drama exercises, writing prompts, and other techniques. The class runs June 19-29th, Mondays through Thursdays from 2:00 PM -5:00 PM. Registration fee is $200.00. Click here to register for this camp.
WorkshopTitle:Middle School Summer Theatre Intensive
The Summer Theatre Intensive is exclusively for middle school students (those entering 5th through 8th grade). In the mornings students will participate in different classes: auditioning, character development, prop making, improvisation, and many others. The afternoons will be reserved for rehearsal of a small show that will be presented on the last day of camp for families and friends. All students are guaranteed a role in the show! The Intensive runs June 5th through June 15th, Monday through Thursdays from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Enrollment capacity 10-20 students. Registration fee is $200.00. Click here to register for this camp.
For more information about these theatre workshops, contact email@example.com
Check back frequently for more specific information as it becomes available for each Summer Camp.
25TH ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE
June 16, 17, 23 and 24 at 7:30pm; June 18 and 25 at 2:00pm.Admission: $8-$15. Additional$4 ticket fee added at the door.