Maricopa Emergency Management System Alert

SUMMER AND FALL 2022 CLASSES ARE OPEN!   We're here to help. Chat with us, Call us: 602-787-7000, or email us: Updated - May 17, 2022
Summer Hours | Enroll for Summer 2022 | Enroll for Fall 2022 | Learning Options | Online Services  |  Student Relief Grant Information

All PVCC employees, students and visitors are recommended to wear face coverings while indoors and encouraged to practice social distancing while on campus. For more information, click here.

How to report Coronavirus (Covid19)

Frequently Asked Questions


Dual enrollment is an opportunity for eligible high school students to earn lower-division college credit while in their regular high school classes. The credits students earn through dual enrollment are treated the same as regular college credit, i.e. they can be transferred to other Maricopa Community Colleges, Arizona’s state universities, and many out-of-state colleges.

Dual enrollment classes are based on the grade students receive in the class; if they pass (with a grade of C or better), they earn the credit. Receiving college credit in AP classes is dependent upon earning an adequate score on the AP test at the end of the year.

Dual enrollment classes meet at the high school during the regular high school day and are taught by college certified, high school instructors using a college curriculum and textbook. The high school agrees to accept these courses toward a student’s high school completion. Concurrent enrollment classes meet at the college or online and are not affiliated with the high school. Students need prior approval from their high school counselor if they want concurrent courses to help satisfy high school requirements.

Since you’re already in the class, why not get college credit for it? You can also save money through community college tuition rates and having your textbooks provided by your high school.

Dual enrollment students must be attending a participating high school and meet the general eligibility requirement of meeting proficiency on the AZMerit or PSAT 93 or SAT 930 or ACT 22 or completion of the Reading Accuplacer test. English and math classes require a qualifying placement test score.

The tuition rate is $85 (in-county) per credit hour. There is an additional $15 registration fee per semester for each college you do dual enrollment through. (Tuition is subject to change.) Failure to pay tuition or set up a payment plan by the semester deadline will result in students being automatically dropped from classes without notification.

NOTE: A debt will remain until paid, which could impact the student's ability to take future classes at other in-state colleges.

  1. Apply for admission
    • Go to Create a student account and password.
    • Apply for admission to as many colleges you plan to take Dual Enrollment classes.
  2. Test
    • Math and English require a college placement test.
    • Other academic courses do not require a placement test. (History, World Languages, Biology, etc.)
    • Occupational courses do not require testing.
    • Placement tests are often provided at your high school prior to registration. If not, you will have to test at a Maricopa Community College.
  3. Register for classes
    • Registration often takes place at your high school campus.
    • All forms must be signed by the appropriate person.
    • To qualify for in-state tuition, send each college a copy of accepted documents that shows your citizen or residency status.
  4. Pay Tuition

Think of your MEID (User ID) as your username to access online services with the college. You’ll use this to log in to and access your student email. Your college ID number is used to identify your unique student account when corresponding with college staff.

If you have forgotten your MEID: go to, click the Student Center icon. Next, click the “Forgot your MEID?” link.

For your college ID number: go to, click the Student Center icon, then log in with your MEID (User ID) and password. Scroll down to the Personal Information section, and click “Demographic Data”. The first item listed next to ID is your college ID number.

The easiest way to have your transcripts sent to another college is through your “Student Center” account on In the drop down menu under “Academics” click “request transcript”. If you are having trouble, contact us at 602-493-2600.

Review the Course Equivalency Guide on to see how the three state universities translate the courses you are interested in taking. Out of state colleges will evaluate courses differently. It is important to contact the respective college about how courses transfer.