Welcome back Pumas! After more than a year and a half, we are excited to have you back on campus!
For those attending in-person classes at either the Union Hills or Black Mountain campus this fall, we’ve compiled a list of reminders to help you stay informed:
- Be sure to carry sanitizer with you and wash your hands regularly. PVCC will provide daily deep disinfection of every building in use (typically conducted at night) and one separate daily deep disinfection of high touch areas (such as stair rails, door handles, etc.)
- Bring water and stay hydrated. Need a pick-me-up? The Puma Cafe is located in the KSC building offering various snacks, beverages and meals.
- Visit Buxton Library and discover resources for all your classes available for check out.
- The bookstore is open and a one-stop shop to pick up all your required materials and books for your classes.
- Check out the Fitness Center and squeeze in a workout in between classes.
Stop by Student Life if you get the chance! There are dozens of opportunities waiting for you!
More tips to keep you healthy and safe while on campus:
- Masks and/or face coverings will be required on campus.
- Students and employees are not required to receive a COVID-19 vaccination. However, we continue to strongly encourage all students, faculty, and staff to obtain a vaccine so that we may maintain a safe and learning community.
- Continue to practice social distancing, respecting the personal space of others.
As the Fall 2021 semester gets underway, we will continue to monitor COVID-19 and if conditions shift, we are prepared to adjust our safety protocols as appropriate. Additionally, we will keep you updated on student activities, working in labs and other learning environments, helping you gain new and wonderful experiences missed during the pandemic.
In addition to in-person classes, PVCC is continuing to offer the following classes:
- Live Online: Classes will meet synchronously at the time listed in the class schedule on a virtual platform. This new modality was created to meet the changing needs of our community, providing the best of "in-person" instruction in an online environment (ex: Zoom, WebEx, Google Meet).
- Hybrid: Part of the class will be held online without a set time to attend. The other part will occur in an in-person format on campus on the days and times listed in the class schedule.
- Hybrid/Virtual: Part of the class will be held online without a set time to attend. The other part will occur at the time listed in the class schedule in a virtual format using a virtual platform.
- Online: The entire class will be held online without set meeting days or times to attend.
All the resources you need, including tutoring, advising and counseling, and financial aid, can be found here.