The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Firefighter Operations provides the opportunity for individuals seeking careers in the fire service to acquire minimum standard firefighting skills and prepare for state and/or national certifications, including the Firefighter I and II Certification. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Fire Science is also available.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Formal application and admission to the program is required.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|EMT104||Emergency Medical Technology (10) AND|
|EMT104LL||Emergency Medical Technology Lab (2) OR|
|Arizona State EMT Certification (0) OR|
|Arizona State Paramedic Certification (0) OR|
|Permission of Program Director (0)||0-12|
|FSC105||Hazardous Materials/First Responder (3)|
|OR Permission of Program Director (0)||0-3|
|FSC130||Fitness for Firefighters/CPAT (1) OR|
|Verification of CPAT completion (0)||0-1|
|FSC102||Fire Department Operations||11|
|FSC134||Fitness and Conditioning for Firefighters||3|
|FSC174||Functions of Command||2|
- Describe the basic theories of fire behavior and methods of fire control in a variety of fire operations. (FSC102)
- Demonstrate the appropriate and safe use of personal firefighting equipment. (FSC102)
- Recognize the professional and organizational structures, processes, and policies that guide fire departments. (FSC102, FSC105, FSC174)
- Demonstrate physical tasks, proper tool selection, and knowledge of operating procedures in accordance with the standards of the profession. (EMT104, EMT104LL, FSC102, FSC105, FSC130, FSC134, FSC174)
- Identify the hazards to health and safety related to emergency operations. (EMT104, EMT104LL, FSC102, FSC105, FSC174)
- Collaborate effectively with members of a team to achieve goals. (EMT104, EMT104LL, FSC102, FSC130, FSC134, FSC174)
- Demonstrate the critical thinking, mental, and emotional skills needed to perform firefighting tasks and services. (EMT104, EMT104LL, FSC102, FSC130, FSC134, FSC174)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.