Connect. Commit. Complete… Your goals!
Program Purpose and Themes
Women Rising is dedicated to helping you succeed! Students involved in the Women Rising program participate in activities that promote: Empowerment, Engagement, Success, Leadership and Sisterhood.
The purpose of this program is to create activities to enrich the lives and experiences of its students through providing academic guidance and personal development experiences. The program provides activities aimed at cultural exposure and professional networking opportunities.
Student success is supported through...
- Women Chapter Meetings
- Academic and Career Workshops
- Cultural Events and Activities
- University Transfer Support
- Leadership Events
- Increase graduation/transfer rates of female students.
- Connect female students with academic, career, and professional support resources and services.
- Create a culture of success and empowerment among female students.
- Members of Women Rising must be enrolled in at least six (6) or more credit hours.
- Members of Women Rising must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Members of Women Rising must participate in student group meetings and campus/district events.
- Voting in meetings, candidacy for office, nomination of candidates, and initiation of motions shall only be privileges granted to those who are active members of the chapter.
- Members must participate in a minimum of two meetings and/or activities per month.