The Student Public Policy Forum (SPPF) is an academic program that provides an overview of local, state, and national public policy making, and citizen influence and involvement. A focus is placed on experiential learning and leadership development through engagement in the public policy process. The program, overseen by the district’s Office of Community Engagement, teaches civic responsibility, which is one category within Maricopa’s mission statement.
- Gain confidence and interact with public officials
- Communicate effectively in a political context
- Effectively advocate for and with your community
- Learn the how and why of consensus building
- Develop and refine leadership skills
SPPF is also a lot of fun! You will make new friends from each of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges who share your passion for making a difference.
- The SPPF cohort meets every other Friday afternoon, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., beginning September 6, 2019 for the entire academic year.
- You must register for POS285 Political Issues and Public Policy in the Spring Semester. This three-credit hybrid class is transferable to all three state universities and has an SB general education designation.
Please see Mike Ho in Student Life and Leadership (KSC1303) for more information.