The Male Empowerment Network program is designed to improve enrollment, retention and degree completion/transfer rates of male students from various backgrounds by providing a multi-faceted approach that promotes personal and professional development, encourages academic achievement, and provides support for them to enroll in college, stay in college, graduate, and achieve their goals.
The Male Empowerment Network program is committed to working collectively and responsibly to meet the life-long learning needs of our diverse male student population. We value Inclusiveness, Dignity, Honor, Respect, Brotherhood, Honesty, Integrity, Innovation, Learning, Responsibility, Stewardship, Excellence, and Community.
- To increase the access, opportunities, retention/persistence and completion rates of male students from various backgrounds.
- To proactively connect male students from various backgrounds with academic services, student services, and other support resources during their educational experience.
- To enhance the college environment by creating a culture of success where male students from various backgrounds can develop a sense of belonging and a connection to faculty, staff, other students, and numerous institutional opportunities.
A Learning Cohort of Classes
- This cohort is based on the First Year Experience (FYE) at Paradise Valley Community College.
- This will be the beginning phase of an Individual Academic Plan for male students who participate in the Male Empowerment Network Program.
- This cohort will provide an integrated "starting point" to help the students make choices that lead to academic success.
- Participants will be advised to enroll in certain class sections that will allow them to attend classes together; have the same instructors with integration of assignments and group projects; and engage in study groups, peer mentoring, faculty and staff interaction.
MEN Student Club
The purpose and aim of the M.E.N. student club:
- To stimulate a strong interest in the recruitment, retention and successful degree completion or transfer of male students of various backgrounds.
- To unite male students of various backgrounds to the rest of the PVCC student body.
- To provide fellowship among the male students of various backgrounds and promote internal and external community support and networking for and among the members.
- To participate in the continuous growth of a learning centered college community.
- The members of the PVCC M.E.N. student club are to be students currently enrolled in three credits or
greater at Paradise Valley Community College while maintaining a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- The members of the organization are to be dedicated to supporting the successful recruitment, retention and degree/transfer completion of male students of various backgrounds.
- Active M.E.N. members are students of Paradise Valley Community College who must attend at least two club meetings per semester and also be available for volunteer services once per semester.