What the LSC Expects from a Tutor
Help with study skills
Good communication skills
Concentrated effort to help aid in your understanding of difficult material
Ability to help identify learning obstacles and ways to overcome them
Person to contact for interview:
Instructions on how to apply:
Submit application, unofficial transcripts, and resume to Mary Early. Email or deliver documentation the Learning Support Center.
Subject Tutors: Biology, Chemistry, Math, Physics and Writing
Pay Rate: $10.00 - $13.50
Hours per week: P/T up to 19 hours
Duties: Tutor students individually and in small groups. Provide reinforcement and practice of course material, aid in the comprehension of course material, and offer test reviews as needed.
- Received a grade of A or B in subject(s) applying to tutor
- Students must be recommended by subject instructor(s)
- Works well with students from varied backgrounds, age groups, and skill levels
- Must be patient and have a strong desire to help students
- Requires strong communication skills
- Must attend tutor training first semester of employment if hired
Applicants with a degree do not require a faculty recommendation.