Completion of a secondary education program in Maricopa County (including NCA-accredited, charter, private, religious high schools, homeschool), with a final, unweighted, GPA or 3.25 or higher.
Required Application Materials:
- Submitting a MCCCD Presidents' Honors Scholarship application/agreement with a signature (electronic signature accepted).
- An official final semester high school transcript must be sent via U.S. mail or official college electronic transfer system (e.g. Parchment) to the college Admissions and Records Office of the Maricopa County Community College that you plan to attend A copy can also be sent to the college Honors Program Office. It must be impressed and sealed by the high school and show graduation date, and final cumulative grade point average. Please inquire with the college Honors Program for homeschool high school transcript guidelines. (Your scholarship cannot be awarded until your final transcript has been received. Please note that hand-delivered transcripts are not considered official.)
- Attend mandatory Honors Orientation at the beginning of the first semester.
Renewal and Retention:
For the Presidents' Honors Scholarship to be renewed each semester (up to four consecutive semesters, excluding summer semesters), the student must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Maintain continuous enrollment as a full-time student for the four consecutive semesters (excluding summers).
- Enroll in and complete at least 12, letter-graded credits (at 100 level of above) each fall and spring semester. (Pass/Fail excluded unless degree specific but must be verified with College Honors Program before enrollment).
- Enroll in and complete with a grade of "C" or higher at least 3 credits of Honors coursework/contract each semester.
- Maintain an MCCCD cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher, including co-enrollment and dual enrollment grades.
- Complete required co-curricular activities as defined by the Honors Program.
Probation and Termination:
A Presidents' Honors Scholar whose cumulative Maricopa GPA, including ALL credits (e.g dual enrollment), falls below 3.25 but above 3.0 at the end of the first semester will be placed on probation. The student must raise the cumulative Maricopa GPA to at least a 3.25 prior to beginning the third semester.
Students will not be eligible for renewal of the scholarship if:
- the cumulative Maricopa GPA, including ALL credits, is below 3.0 at the end of the first semester,
- they fail to complete their Honors coursework or s sufficient number of credit hours,
- they received less than a "C" grade in their Honors course,
- they do not complete the minimum number of required co-curricular activities,
- they do not maintain a cumulative GPA above 3.25 from second semester to completion.
- they do not complete at least 12 credits in the semester
Honors Program students should not withdraw from courses or alter class schedules without first consulting the College Honors Program. Refund, drop/add, and withdrawal policies, dates, and deadlines apply to all.
- To qualify as an Honors Program graduate, a student must be eligible to graduate from the college and must meet the additional requirements that include a 3.5 MCCCD cumulative GPA, completion of 15 credit hours in Honors coursework across three disciplines, and completion of co-curricular activities.
- Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. A lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in the career and technical education programs of the college.
- The Maricopa Community Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. For Title IX/504 Concerns, call the following number to reach the appointed coordinator: (480) 731-8499. For additional information, as well as a listing of all coordinators within the Maricopa College system, visit the following weblink: https://district.maricopa.edu/consumer-information/non-discrimination-statement