Accepting PHS Applications for Fall 2019 starting: October 4th, 2018
PHS Mandatory Fall Orientation 2019: August 12th, 2019
Deadline to Apply for PHS for Fall 2019: August 9th, 2019
The Presidents’ Honors Scholarship covers in-state/in-county tuition up to 15 credit hours (plus the $15 registration fee) for four consecutive semesters (must meet eligibility at the conclusion of each semester), excluding summer sessions. The award does not cover additional class fees, books, private instruction, or music lessons. By applying for the Presidents' Honors Scholarship, the student also applies for the Honors Program.
PHS Fall 2019 eligibility: Completion of a secondary education program in Maricopa County (including NCA-accredited, charter, private, religious high schools, homeschool), with a final, unweighted GPA of 3.25 or higher within one year of graduating from high school. Students submitting the Presidents' Honors Scholarship application must be able to show legal presence in the United States and be eligible to receive public funds. In addition, students must also be a resident of Maricopa County while on scholarship.
- A signed MCCCD Presidents’ Honors Scholarship Application/Agreement.
- An official final semester high school transcript sent via U.S. mail or official college electronic transfer system (e.g. Parchment) to the Paradise Valley Community College Admissions and Records Office. Please inquire with the college Honors Program for homeschool high school transcript guidelines. (Your scholarship cannot be awarded until your final transcript has been received)
- Attend mandatory Honors Orientation at the beginning of the first semester.
- Participate in a mandatory Honors Orientation at the beginning of the first semester
- Maintain continuous enrollment as a full-time student for the four consecutive semesters.
- Enroll in and complete at least 12 letter-graded, 100 level or above credits each fall and spring semester
- Enroll in and complete, with a grade of “C” or higher, at least 3 credits of Honors coursework/contract each semester.
- Maintain an MCCCD cumulative grade-point-average of 3.25 or higher after the first semester.
- Complete required co-curricular activities as defined by the college Honors Program.
- Students will not be eligible for renewal of the scholarship if their cumulative Maricopa GPA, including ALL credits, is below 3.0 at the end of the first semester.
- NOTE: Honors Program students should not withdraw from courses or alter class schedules without first consulting the Honors Program. College refund, drop/add, and withdrawal policies, dates, and deadlines apply to all Honors Program students.
Submit your application in person to the Honors Office today!