Accepting PHS Applications for Spring 2018 starting: October 2nd, 2017
PHS Mandatory Spring Orientation 2018: January 12th, 2018
Deadline to Apply for PHS for Spring 2018: January 5th, 2018
Accepting PHS Applications for Spring 2018 starting: November 28th, 2018
PHS Mandatory Spring Orientation 2018: August 13th, 2018
Deadline to Apply for PHS for Spring 2018: August 10h, 2018
The Presidents’ Honors Scholarship covers in-state/in-county tuition up to 15 credit hours (plus the $15 registration fee) for four consecutive semesters (must meet eligibility at the conclusion of each semester), excluding summer sessions. The award does not cover additional class fees, books, private instruction, or music lessons. By applying for the Presidents' Honors Scholarship, the student also applies for the Honors Program.
English, Writing *To be eligible for Honors English you must score a 7+
5+* Write Placer
Math, Elementary Algebra
OR have successfully completed, at an MCCCD college, the requisite coursework to be prepared for placement into ENG 101, MAT 120, and CRE 101
In combination with test scores, students must fall into one of the following categories:
- Completion of a secondary education program in Maricopa County (including NCA-accredited, charter, private, religious high schools), with a final cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA within one academic year of graduation.
- Homeschooled student, with verification from parents, have a final cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA within one academic year of graduation.
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate completed within one academic year of graduation.
- Grand Canyon Diploma recipient completed within one academic year of application of graduation.
Must also have legal presence in the United States
- A signed MCCCD Presidents’ Honors Scholarship Application/Agreement.
- An official final semester high school transcript sent via U.S. mail or official college electronic transfer system (e.g. Parchment) to the Paradise Valley Community College Admissions and Records Office. Please inquire with the college Honors Program for homeschool high school transcript guidelines. (Your scholarship cannot be awarded until your final transcript has been received)
- Attend mandatory Honors Orientation at the beginning of the first semester.
- Participate in a mandatory Honors Orientation at the beginning of the first semester
- Maintain continuous enrollment as a full-time student for the four consecutive semesters.
- Enroll in and complete at least 12 letter-graded, 100 level or above credits each fall and spring semester
- Enroll in and complete, with a grade of “C” or higher, at least 3 credits of Honors coursework/contract each semester.
- Maintain an MCCCD cumulative grade-point-average of 3.25 or higher after the first semester.
- Complete required co-curricular activities as defined by the college Honors Program.
- Students will not be eligible for renewal of the scholarship if their cumulative Maricopa GPA, including ALL credits, is below 3.0 at the end of the first semester.
- NOTE: Honors Program students should not withdraw from courses or alter class schedules without first consulting the Honors Program. College refund, drop/add, and withdrawal policies, dates, and deadlines apply to all Honors Program students.
Submit your application in person to the Honors Office today!