Whether you are new to the financial aid process or need help with specific questions related to financial aid; the PVCC Financial Aid Workshop is for you! Workshops provide FREE resources and information to all students to help them plan and apply for their college education.
No pre-registration required!
Topics covered in the workshops:
- Learn about the Five (5) Basic Steps to Financial Aid
- Learn about deadlines and important dates
- Learn how to navigate your my.maricopa.edu Student Service Center
- Get help from financial aid professionals to complete and file your FAFSA
- Get help with next steps after completing the FAFSA:
- Understand how to read your award letter and accept awards
- Understand how to get set up for aid disbursement
- Learn about maintaining your eligibility for financial aid - Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Learn about Scholarships
Special Workshop Event:
How to Write the Winning Scholarship Essay
With Linda Maley, Learning Support Center Specialist and Paul Gonzales, PVCC Scholarship Coordinator
The Maricopa Community College Foundation Spring 2019 Scholarship Cycle will be open from September 1, 2018 – October 12, 2018. The # 1 reason students don’t get awarded scholarships is not having a good essay/personal statement. To prepare for the upcoming scholarship cycle come to this important workshop and learn how to write a winning essay!
Objectives for the scholarship workshop:
- Gain a greater understanding of what makes a winning scholarship essay/personal statement
- Work with the learning support center specialist and scholarship coordinator one-on-one to create your winning essay/personal statement
- Avoid the pitfalls and traps associated with applying for scholarships
- Gain a greater understanding of the Maricopa Foundation scholarship application process
Choose from the following workshops:
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Computer Commons E-152 (E Building)
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- or -
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
MCCCD Foundation Scholarship Application Workshop