Welcome to the PVCC community assistance link. On this page you will find the general procedures when asking for assistance. This page also has quick links to a few community resources. If you are finding out you need additional support, stop by the PVCC Counseling Department and schedule an appointment with the Resource Specialist. PVCC Counseling Department office is KSC 1220.
Jose Martinez Jr., Resource Specialist
Appointments available Mondays and Tuesdays, 9:00am-5:00pm
Quick Links for help
All Assistance in AZ
Basic Needs Assistance
Food and Healthcare
WIC: The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. Call 1-800-252-5942.
General procedures for asking for help
Prior to making contact
Ensure you have a writing utensil and paper handy. Also, you may need to provide your contact information. To better assist you, make certain your contact information is up to date.
Introduce yourself Hello, my name is “your name” and I “your concern”.
- “I am homeless and I need somewhere to stay.”
- “I have no food and I need something to eat.”
- “I do not have enough money to afford rent.”
- “I do not have enough money to afford my utilities.”
- “I am looking for help to work through a mental health concern.”
Often they will share the services they can provide to assist you. Within that information they will direct you where to go and what documentation (paper work) you may need.
- We provide shelter for homeless individual and you will need to…
- We are a food bank that is open (business hours) and you will need to…
- We can help you with funds to help pay for your utilities and you will need to…
- Are you safe? Where are you located? What insurance do you have?
Ask questions about best time to arrive, the length you will be waiting, and confirm the address. Be sure to ask about the documents you may need to provide. For example, ask if there will be copies taken of documents, or ask about alternative documents if you do not have a document.