The Office of Student Life and Leadership is rewarding student clubs/organizations that demonstrate extraordinary commitment to PVCC. Clubs/Orgs who sponsor activities will be awarded points for both attendances at events and for sponsoring events of their own. Participation points earned must be used for students who earned the given points. A club member can authorize the points to be used towards another club member’s travel with written approval.
Clubs & Organizations requesting funding for trips must:
- Submit a travel proposal to the Office of Student Life and Leadership
- Must have a minimum of 40 participation points to be eligible to receive up to $500.
- Must have a minimum of 60 participation points to be eligible to receive up to $1000.
- Must have a minimum of 80 participation points to be eligible to receive up to $1500.
- Must have a minimum of 100 participation points to be eligible to receive up to $2000.
Types of Programs
Fundraisers: Fundraisers that clubs sponsor or participate in where 100% of the money raised goes to a community service project, benefit, or organization is eligible for 2 to 10 participation points. Fundraisers, where club keeps the money raised, may be eligible to receive 2 to 5 points. Fundraisers must adhere to the parameters of “Club Sponsored Programs”.
Club Sponsored Programs: Clubs Must actively plan and implement programs. Club Sponsored programs and activities that meet at least two of the following parameters are eligible for 2 to 10 participation points (must include #1):
- Open to the PVCC campus community.
- Is educational in nature.
- Provides entertainment to PVCC community, and outside community (optional).
- Provides a service to PVCC students.
- Community service projects.
Criteria: Points awarded to clubs will be determined by the following factors:
- Size of event.
- Amount of planning involved with the event.
- How well the event is planned.
Collaborative Programs: Programs sponsored by other clubs, departments, or outside agencies that a non-sponsoring club participates in, can be eligible for 2 to 10 participation points. The number of points awarded will be determined by the following:
- Club involvement with the planning of the event.
- Amount of club members participating in the event.
- Role club will play within the actual program of the event.
Bonus Points: Bonus points may be awarded to club members who attend and actively participate in designated Student Life events. Each club member who attends these events will receive 1 participation point or as defined below. Points will not be awarded for simply attending an event. Bonus points are also available for members who actively participate and contribute to a Student Leadership Council Meeting. Requesting club funds during a Student Government meeting cannot be considered active participation.
Designated Student Life events:
- Any combination of 2 hours of service worked during PVCC campus events such as the Welcome Week Tent, Free Farmers Market, Puma Fest, and Puma Palooza. 1 point will be awarded per member for every 2 hours worked.
- More events may be added throughout the semester. Students can always contact the Student Life and Leadership office to check if an event is deemed as a designated event, or to request an event to be considered as a designated event.
Important Notes: Points will be awarded after the event takes place. To help the Student Life office better award points for programs, please provide a comprehensive summary of the event. Summaries should include items such as attendance sheets, photos, synopsis of the planning process, and how the program went, etc. If no additional information is submitted, the information provided on the event proposal will be used to determine the points awarded. Available funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis. These guidelines are subject to change without prior notice.