CARES Act Information and Request Form
Thank you for visiting the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act page. Here we will outline the process and requirements that have been put in place to determine financial need and distribute funds.
The CARES Act has awarded PVCC a total of $1,293,202 for immediate distribution of up to $422 to eligible students.
Following are the federal eligibility requirements that students must meet when applying for CARES funds. Please review the list and, if you meet the criteria, then we encourage you to submit your request form.
- Students must be enrolled in at least three credit hours in the spring 2020 semester as of March 13, 2020.
- Students need to have enrolled in face-to-face programs at the beginning of the semester - meaning, students enrolled in exclusively online classes prior to March 13 are NOT eligible
- Students must be in a degree or certificate program that is eligible for Financial Aid, which means that the program must be more than 16 hours.
- Male students who are over the age of 18 must be registered with Selective Service.
- Need to possess a valid social security number and must be eligible to file a FAFSA
- Must have a High School completion (diploma), GED or homeschool certification
- Must have met Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements
- Must be a United States Citizen or permanent resident, refugee or Visa type of U or T. Arizona law requires that students who are seeking state or federal aid provide verification of lawful presence. MCCCD Acceptable Documentation.
- Cannot be in loan repayment default or grant overpayment
Request Form & Contact Information
If you meet the federal eligibility requirement outlined above, please complete and submit the District Common Request Form: Student Request for CARES Act Emergency Funds.
For more information, please contact our Financial Aid team at (602) 787-7000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org