The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Integrated Public Health: Mobile Integrated Health program is designed for licensed health care providers such as nursing assistants, nurses, advanced practice nurses, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, dieticians, and other allied health professionals. It enhances their previous training in direct patient care, preparing them for this newly expanded role in public health to serve the community as advocates, facilitators, educators, liaisons, and resource coordinators.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses required within the program. One or more of the prerequisite courses for a Required Course may be waived by Program Director depending on student experience and/or prior skills.
Previous licensure in a health or allied health program. Formal application and acceptance into the program. Able to meet background check, drug screening, health and immunization requirements.
|BPC110||Computer Usage and Applications (3) OR|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3) OR|
|Permission of Department or Division||0-3|
|FON241||Principles of Human Nutrition||3|
|HES210||Cultural Aspects of Health and Illness (3) OR|
|HCR230||Culture and Health (3)||3|
|HTM150||Introduction to Healthcare IT and Systems||3|
|IPH101||Introduction to Public Health||3|
|IPH220||Introduction to Mobile Integrated Health Care||3|
|IPH290||Mobile Integrated Health Practicum||3|
|SPA117||Health Care Spanish I||3|
- Describe the dynamics of individual, community, and organizational health infrastructures. (IPH101, IPH220, IPH290)
- 2. Integrate health research and statistics into health promotion. (IPH101, IPH220, IPH290)
- 3. Apply knowledge of local, regional, national, and global population health and health disparities for health promotion and advocacy. (FON241, HCR230, HES210, IPH101, IPH290, SPA117)
- 4. Communicate effectively with the health care team, diverse client populations, and their families. (COM270, HCR230, HES210, IPH220, IPH290, SPA117)
- 5. Incorporate evidence-based health care practices into the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of health education interventions and public health programs within individual's scope of practice. (IPH101, IPH220, IPH290)
- 6. Provide information and refer clients based on identified barriers and needs to appropriate resources and services available to the client. (FON241, HCR230, HES210, IPH101, IPH220, IPH290, SPA117)
- 7. Integrate social, cultural, and behavioral factors into advocacy as follows: education and engagement of clients and families; coaching and counseling of clients and families; client-centered care planning; and support for self-management. (HCR230, HES210, IPH101, IPH220, IPH290)
- 8. Use appropriate technology to deliver health care services to the community. (HTM150)
- 9. Exhibit behaviors that reflect safe, legal, and ethical practice. (IPH101, IPH220, IPH290)
- Identify ways to help improve health outcomes for an individual and/or community. (FON241, HCR230, HES210, IPH101, IPH220, IPH290)