The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Healthcare Technology Systems is designed to address current and future needs of IT departments of healthcare organizations. Intended for students who already have IT and/or healthcare experience with an interest in technology applications in the healthcare sector. Includes web development, programming, database management, systems development, and project management for healthcare IT endeavors.
++ indicates any suffixed courses. Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
One or more of the program prerequisite courses (CIS105, HCC130 or HCC145) may also be waived by Program Director depending on experience and prior skills.
Formal application and acceptance into the program required.
Students must submit application for admission into the program prior to enrollment in HTM200. Admission is contingent upon verification that student has met program prerequisites.
|HCC130||Fundamentals in Health Care Delivery||3|
|HCC145||Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals||3|
|and Bachelors degree and/or 3-5 years experience in IT industry|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|and Bachelors degree and/or 3-5 years experience in health services.|
|Permission of Program Director.||0-6|
|CIS116||Computer Graphics: Introduction to Microsoft Visio||1|
|CIS117DM||Microsoft Access: Database Management||3|
|CIS129||Introduction to Microsoft Sharepoint||1|
|CIS224||Project Management: Microsoft Project for Windows||3|
|HTM150||Introduction to Healthcare IT and Systems||3|
|CIS276DA||MySQL Database (3) OR|
|CIS276DB||SQL Server Database (3)||3|
|MGT157||Introduction to Statistical Analysis of Clinical and Bioscience Data for Managers||3|
|HTM200||Healthcare IT Software Infrastructure: Interoperability, Security and mHealth||3|
|CIS150AB||Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals||3|
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I||3|
|HTM250||Healthcare IT Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)||3|
|HTM270||Healthcare IT Systems Capstone||3|
- Discuss the technologies, challenges and efforts toward achieving value in healthcare information systems. (HTM150)
- Use Visio graphics software to diagram a complex healthcare process. (CIS116)
- Plan, design and publish a web site using HTML. (CIS133AA, CIS133BA, CIS133CA,CIS133DA)
- Design and develop programs using structured and object-oriented programming techniques. (CIS150AB)
- Build a HL7 interface engine. (HTM200)
- Use Microsoft Access to create database files, alter records, retrieve information, and produce quality reports. (CIS117DM)
- Use Microsoft Project for creating, managing, and reporting a complex network project. (CIS224)
- Demonstrate potential SDLC design phase activities, along with healthcare IT examples of the resulting design elements. (HTM250)
- Demonstrate the skills required to install MySQL, model and create new databases, manage and authenticate users, store procedures, and develop backup/restore strategies. (CIS276DA, CIS276DB)
- Use a statistical programming language to manipulate, analyze and interpret data, with reports summarizing the results of the statistical analysis. (MGT157)
- Demonstrate the skills required to create a site, navigate, manage documents and collaborate using Microsoft SharePoint. (CIS129)
- Create a reflective document including final specifications and personal observations from a healthcare IT research-based project. (HTM270)