The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Fire Officer Leadership program can be used by professional firefighters for promotions and salary advancement within the Fire Services. The program will provide courses for experienced professional firefighters who desire to learn advanced fireground tactics and strategy, building construction, practical incident command, supervisory training of personnel, and human resource management.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for each course listed in the program.
Formal application and acceptance into the program or permission of Program Director.
|FSC202||Supervisory Training for Firefighters||3|
|FSC204||Firefighting Tactics and Strategy||3|
|FSC205||Command Strategies for Major Emergencies||3|
|FSC208||Firefighter Safety and Building Construction||3|
|FSC214||Human Resources Management in Fire Service||3|
- Describe the management of fire personnel as it pertains to their selection, discipline, recruitment, and probation. (FSC202)
- Describe the methods of attacking, controlling and extinguishing various types of fires. (FSC204)
- Describe the rules and responsibilities of the Incident Commander in managing various types of major emergencies. (FSC204)
- Describe methods for managing major emergencies, including fires, hazardous materials incidents, and medical incidents. (FSC205)
- Describe fire science personnel functions, including recruitment and selection, discipline, evaluation, and supervision of fire service personnel. (FSC214)
- Explain the methods of providing for firefighter safety and the reaction of various types of construction to fire and heat. (FSC208)