This certificate will equip students with marketable skills associated with managing and maintaining computer networks. This certificate can help prepare students for the professional certification as a Microsoft Certified Product Specialist.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
++ indicates any suffixed courses.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS121AB||Microsoft Command Line Operations||1|
|CIS190||Introduction to Networking (3) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3|
|MST150++||Any Microsoft Windows Operating System course||3|
|MST152++||Any Microsoft Windows Server course||4|
|CIS270||Essentials of Network and Information Security||3|
- Install and troubleshoot problems with various network configurations. (MST140, CIS190)
- Apply computer concepts, microcomputer applications and programming techniques. (CIS105)
- Identify, define and use Windows operating system commands. (MST150++)
- Identify, define and use basic operating system commands from a command line. (CIS121AB)
- Identify, define and use local area networks, metropolitan area networks and wide area networks. (CIS190, MST140)
- Implement network services, protocols, and tools. (MST152++)
- Identify LAN fileserver and workstation configuration issues and requirements. (MST152++)
- Describe security threat trends, including common network vulnerabilities and attacks, and their ramifications. (CIS270)