We are all disappointed that the Spring 2020 Commencement ceremonies had to be canceled, but to honor you and mark this significant milestone in your life, we have a special occasion planned for you and your family.
On May 21st and 22nd, graduates can pick up a special 2020 Graduation Celebration package, including your cap and gown (at no charge), a PVCC swag bag, a special edition commemorative T-shirt, and instructions on how to share your graduation pictures via social media at #PVCCVirtualGrad2020. To be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card to a Darden restaurant of your choice, take a picture in your cap and gown and tag us at #PVCCVirtualGrad2020.
Check out these other fun ways you can celebrate at home, then share with the world.
- Snap a selfie – Put on your cap and gown and say, "Cheese!" Other photo ideas include sharing your graduation party gear, your social distancing festivities, or any other creative ways you’re able to celebrate.
- Write it down – Graduation is a nostalgic time of year regardless of the current circumstances. Write down your thoughts and memories about your time at PVCC, then unleash your inner thoughts on social media. Be sure to hashtag #PVCCVirtualGrad2020. You’re in the company of so many others who have had their day altered significantly. Share and be heard. Who knows, you may start trending!
- Skip down memory lane – Open your camera roll and discover all the memorable photos with your classmates you have taken over the years. All is not lost in this pandemic; the memories and good times remain. Share them, post them and tag PVCC_Official.
- Jump on the latest trend – Create a video on TikTok and be sure to share it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan a virtual party – From webcams to Facebook Live and Zoom, primp yourself for the party and then video chat with friends and family.
- Kick back and stream away – Binge watch your favorite graduation-themed movies. Need some ideas? Legally Blonde, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, She’s All That, High School Musical, Dazed and Confused, Reality Bites. You get the point.
- Picnic at the Park – Okay, maybe temps are a little warm in Phoenix for this one, but if you’re comfortable social distancing and want a change of scenery, plan a small outdoor celebration.
When picking up your packet, proper protocols will be in place to assure social distancing. Plan on picking up your packet between 4:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. May 21st, or between 9 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. on the 22nd.
You are very important to our college and we want you to stay connected via the PVCC Alumni Association, a network of Pumas supporting each other and encouraging new students to engage in all our college has to offer you as you continue on your professional and personal journey. Visit paradisevalley.edu/alumni for more information.