Apply Today for PVCC’s Honors Achievement Award
Attention existing Pumas! The deadline to apply for Paradise Valley Community College’s Honors Achievement Award is fast approaching - September 4th. To qualify for this opportunity students must have completed a minimum of 12 credits and hold a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25. Once accepted into the Honors program, students must fulfill the following to earn a scholarship of up to $500 towards their education.
- Finish an Honors class or Honors project with a C grade or better
- Complete a minimum 6 credits
- Maintain at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Complete one co-curricular activity and submit it to Canvas
Keep in mind, only one class in your schedule needs to be an Honors class or include an Honors project and there are so many amazing benefits to joining Honors including:
- Smaller class sizes
- Undergraduate research
- Trips and excursions
- Social events
- Recognition on your college transcript
Intrigued? Watch this video to learn more about the program and hear what Honors alumni have to say below!
- “The Honors Program was really more of a home on campus than anything for me,” said Student Honors Advisory Council (SHAC) Leader Shyla Yabes. “Being a SHAC leader helped me network on campus and make new friends that I will forever be grateful for.” As an Honors leader, Shyla served as a mentor for other Honors students and helped plan co-curricular activities.
- “I would recommend the Honors Program to others!,” said Makila Barnes, Honors student. “I started college when I was 17 and did not have any money for college. The Honors Program and Pell Grant helped pay for my two years at PVCC, where I met a lot of cool people on Honors Trips and made friends that would encourage me to be involved on campus. Participating in this program made me a better, more well rounded person”.