The Pre-Health Information Blast is held every fall semester and is open to all University of Arizona students and potential transfer students.
Note: Community college advisors are welcome to attend!
This event helps students learn what it takes to apply to health professions schools by engaging directly with admissions professionals, current health professionals or health professional students, professors and more.
Pre-Health Information BLAST will be virtual on Saturday, November 21, 2020 at 9am - 12:00 pm
RSVP now open:
- Community college students/Non-UArizona students
: please register/RSVP here: https://events.acenter.arizona.edu/ after you register/RSVP, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link for the event
Transfer Student Agenda:
9:00 am- 9:50 am General Introduction and Welcome
10:00 am - 10:30 am Rotation 1
“Transfer Student Center & Transfer Undergraduate Recruitment”
10:30 am - 11:00 am Rotation 2
“Getting to Know Faculty and Asking for Letters of Recommendation”
• Dr Ted Tong, UA College of Pharmacy, Faculty
• Dr. Tim Cruz, MD, UA College of Medicine - Tucson, Pima College Downtown Faculty
• Agnes Attakai, MPA, Coordinator AZ-INMED
11:00 am – 12:00 pm Rotation 3
“Transfer Pre-Health Profession Student Panel”
“Clinical, Volunteer, and Summer Opportunities”
- Shannon Collins MD PhD student, Medical Student, University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson, Class 2020
- Javier Martinez, SR, Public Health (Pima Community College)
- Roberto Avila-Valenzuela, Senior Physiology Major • BIOC minor (Pima Community College)
- Lliya Vietalievich Panfilenko, 1st Year Medical Student COM-Tucson (Phoenix Community College)