Canvas Conferences Tool
Canvas is a Learning Management System developed by Instructure, Inc. Canvas allows instructors to share course content, integrate multimedia, course communication, student assessments (quizzes, assignments, surveys, portfolios), and student grades to create a cohesive, connected virtual space for your class.
To see the many additional features Click Here
Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, & Android, or any other device with a modern web browser. Canvas supports the last two versions of every browser release. It is highly recommended updating to the newest version of whatever browser, you are using, (Firefox, Safari, and Chrome work the best), as well as the most up-to-date Flash plug-in. Internet Explorer is not recommended. For more information about supported browsers, required components (Flash and Java), and browser privacy settings/security, clearing browser cache, visit;
Every school uses a specific URL to access Canvas. Maricopa's URL is https://learn.maricopa.edu/
The URL is required to access Canvas mobile apps.
Please do not call Canvas Instructure directly
Contact the Maricopa Community College’s Help Desk at 1-888-994-4433 available 24/7.
Profile Settings & Notification Preferences - ALL Users
Notification Preferences allow users to select how and when they want to be notified when various events occur within a course. Notifications and Settings are applied to all your courses in Canvas.
Canvas gives users the ability to receive a variety of different notifications via email, text message. Users can also set different levels of frequency for each type of notification Canvas offers. Students may wish to receive grade change Notifications via SMS text messaging. Instructors, on the other hand, may prefer to receive a daily digest of class activity via email only. Notification Preferences can be adjusted at any point during a course.
Canvas Login – Use your MEID and password.
- Getting Started with Canvas - Students
- What is the Dashboard?
- How do I view my course?
- How do I use the Course Home Page?
- Canvas Course Navigation Video
- How do I set up my Profile and Personal Settings?
- How do I set up my Profile and Personal Settings? (video)
- How do I set my Notification preferences?
- Canvas Notification Preferences Recommendation - pdf
- How do I set my notification preferences? - pdf
Conversations – The Canvas email system.
- How do I access the Canvas built-in email system, Conversations?
- Everything I need to know about Conversations
Rich Text Editor
- How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I embed images from the web in the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I create a hyperlink in the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I create a hyperlink or embed a file from Google Drive into the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I record audio using the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I upload an audio file using the Rich Content Editor as a student?