New Employee Orientation
To assist you with your acclimation to Paradise Valley Community College the following college orientation is required prior to teaching:
Learning-Centered College Philosophy, Roles and Responsibilities, Meeting with College President and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Thursday, August 17; 5:30-7:30pm, KSC 1000A/B
- Complete the new hire packet from the Human Resources Office, KSC2600.
- Register for your new employee orientation Part I - Learning-Centered College Overview and Part II - Ready, Set, Go.
- Complete the Certificate of Understanding and Conditions of Employment for Adjunct Faculty available from your Department Secretary.
- Get your Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) Lookup
- Access My.Maricopa.edu with your MEID
Human Resources-Employee Access (HCM)
Student Information System (SIS)
- Log into your Maricopa Gmail account | Email Addresses are usually: email@example.com
- Get your ID Card Here.
- Get your Parking Permit Here. Parking Map
- Familiarize yourself with the Campus Map
Find your Department and your Department Mailbox/Folder.
Introduce yourself to your Department Secretary, Day or Evening Supervisor and Division Chairperson.
- Familiarize yourself with Campus Emergency Procedures Here. Map
- Review the Adjunct Faculty Handbook Here.
- Understand the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
and take the FERPA Tutorial following the directions here: Resources
- If situations noted in Chart apply to you,
Complete Acknowledgement and Disclosure Surveys Here
Click Survey Button to start.
Login with your full Maricopa Email Address and MEID password.
- Look up your class in the Class Schedule.
- Look up your class using the student photo roster system.
- Get your Class Roster from SIS under Faculty Center.
- Look up your Official Course Description and Competencies.
- Compose your Course Syllabus compliant with your Department and College requirements. Refer to the Syllabus Rubric for more information. Use one of the examples as a Template for your Syllabus: Example 1 Example 2 Submit your Syllabus to the Department Secretary. Publish Syllabus for your students. Print Services
- Find your Classroom Map.
- Check with Bookstore on status of Books for your Class.
- Arrive early.
- Greet students - You are the college ambassador to most students.
- Get to know your students.
Establish a Learning-Centered class.
- Go over the class syllabus with the students.
Establish the class rules early.
Communicate the keys to class success.
Make clear to the students the preparation expectations for each class.
Introduce the students to the campus resources available to them.
- Make sure students know what they are supposed to accomplish for the second class.
- Use SIS to drop students who do not attend per your syllabus policy.
- What is the book for your class. Check Here.
- How to get their Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) Here.
- How to reset their MEID Password Here.
- How to access My.Maricopa.edu with their MEID.
- How to access their Gmail Email Address (MEID@maricopa.edu) Here and forward their Gmail Here and access their GoogleApps Information
- How to get their parking permit Here. Parking Map
- How to familiarize themselves with the campus Map
- How to familiarize themselves with Campus Emergency Procedures Here. Map
- How to check availability of courses throughout the District Here.