The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Critical Care Paramedicine is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and ability to synthesize standard of care and expanded scope of practice with comprehensive assessment, diagnostic technology, patient advocacy, ethical and professional behaviors, to practice patient-centered evidence based paramedicine in the clinical, out-of-hospital, and inter-facility transport settings. This certificate prepares students for a critical care paramedic credential.
DetailsImportant information you’ll need when applying for admission:
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses required within the program.
- Explain the standard of care and expanded scope of practice in critical care settings in Paramedicine. (PME292)
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors consistent with Critical Care Paramedicine and expanded scope of practice. (PME292)
- Describe factors of effective communication and decision-making in critical care team dynamics. (PME292)
- Describe the Paramedic's roles and responsibilities in medical and legal issues. (PME292)
- Demonstrate patient advocacy. (PME292)
- Apply strategies of safety and survival in Critical Care Paramedicine. (PME292)
- Apply principles of flight physiology. (PME292)
- Integrate the pathophysiological significance of comprehensive assessment findings to manage Critical Care and high-risk patients. (PME292)
- Synthesize Critical Care Paramedicine standard of care and expanded scope of practice to perform comprehensive patient assessment. (PME292)
- Integrate pathophysiologic principles, epidemiology, and comprehensive assessment to formulate a differential diagnosis for patients in critical care settings. (PME292)
- Utilize diagnostic technology and resources to interpret lab values of Critical Care and high-risk patients. (PME292)
- Integrate the pathophysiological significance of comprehensive patient assessment findings to implement a management plan according to Critical Care Paramedicine expanded scope of practice. (PME292)
- Utilize types of health information technology. (PME292)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|PME292||Critical Care Paramedicine||8|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.