This certificate will equip students with marketable skills associated with managing and maintaining computer networks. This certificate can help prepare students for the professional certification as a Microsoft Certified Product Specialist.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS121AB||Microsoft Command Line Operations||1|
|CIS190||Introduction to Networking (3) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3|
|MST150++||Any Microsoft Windows Operating System course||3|
|MST152++||Any Microsoft Windows Server course||4|
|CIS270||Essentials of Network and Information Security||3|
- Install and troubleshoot problems with various network configurations. (MST140, CIS190)
- Apply computer concepts, microcomputer applications and programming techniques. (CIS105)
- Identify, define and use Windows operating system commands. (MST150++)
- Identify, define and use basic operating system commands from a command line. (CIS121AB)
- Identify, define and use local area networks, metropolitan area networks and wide area networks. (CIS190, MST140)
- Implement network services, protocols, and tools. (MST152++)
- Identify LAN fileserver and workstation configuration issues and requirements. (MST152++)
- Describe security threat trends, including common network vulnerabilities and attacks, and their ramifications. (CIS270)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.