The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Corrections program is designed for students intending to pursue careers in various correctional components of the justice system, including parole, probation, jail, and prisons. Focus is broader learning about the correction function in the context of overall administration of justice system.
DetailsImportant information you’ll need when applying for admission:
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
- Synthesize multiple sources of information to make timely assessments. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Solve problems through logical and sound reasoning. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS205, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Communicate orally, visually and in writing precisely, appropriately, and effectively to varied audiences. (AJS101, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Communicate in the language common to the criminal justice system. (AJS101, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Collaborate with diverse agencies, community representatives and individuals to achieve common goals. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255)
- Apply the principles and processes of criminal and constitutional law, criminology theory, knowledge of the functions and components of the criminal justice system, and current issues to criminal justice operations. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255)
- Utilize technology to collect, analyze and communicate data. (AJS101, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Practice professional standards appropriate to the field of criminal justice. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Subscribe to and practice ethical behavior appropriate to the field of criminal justice. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|AJS101||Introduction to Criminal Justice||3|
|AJS123||Ethics and the Administration of Justice (3) OR|
|AJS255||The Criminal Justice System Handling of the Mentally Ill (3)||3|
|AJS212||Juvenile Justice Procedures||3|
|AJS240||The Correction Function||3|
|AJS205||Criminal Justice Report Writing (3) OR|
|AJS275||Criminal Investigation (3)||3|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.