Mission The Strategic Operational Puma Grant is designed to encourage all PVCC employees who have new and innovative ideas to help the College in solving current challenges or to achieve current goals and priorities during the current fiscal year. At the beginning of each fiscal year, the Executive team identifies a strategic goal that helps to solve current problem(s) for college that they would like to focus or address during that fiscal year. Fifty percent of the grant will be used for new approvals to solve the identified problems for two consecutive years; and fifty percent of the grant will be granted to one-year budget requests. All budget request approvals are required for an outcome report in May at the end of each fiscal year. Employees can discuss their idea with their office manager/director, and they can submit the Strategic Operational Puma Grant form available on the Strategic Operational Puma Grant website. All submitted requests will be reviewed by the FBC Chairs and the PVCC Executive Team or designees, and if approved, the requester will receive an approval notice within two weeks. Employees should obtain a written approval from their supervisor or department head prior to applying for this grant.
Strategic Operational Puma Grant Process
- Employees must discuss and obtain a written approval from their supervisor and/or department head prior to submitting the Strategic Operational Puma Grant request.
- Employees submit their grant request to obtain the fund in order to help the College in solving current challenges or to archive current goals or priorities during the current fiscal year.
- The CFO Chairs and PVCC Executive Team or designees review these new grant requests.
- The PVCC Executive Team reviews the budget requests and makes final decisions.
- The project manager, who submits these grant requests, will receive a notification on the decision on their grant requests within 2 weeks.
- All budget request approvals are required for an outcome report in May at the end of each fiscal year.
- The grant request can be received with a one-year or two-year grant approval depending on the project requirements and/or the grant availability.
- Approved grant requests are posted on the Strategic Operational Puma Grant at the end of the fiscal year.
Design Thinking video