- BS, Medical Microbiology, The Ohio State University
- MA, Clinical Microbiology, Truman State University
- PhD, Planning, Policy, & Leadership Studies, The University of Iowa
- CHES: Nationally Certified Health Education Specialist
- Introduction to Public Health (IPH101)
- Attitudes of health care workers about caring for people with HIV/AIDS; curriculum development in public health and STEAM college programs; mentoring new community college faculty; setting up the active learning classroom; understanding generational differences in higher education.
- Member, American Public Health Association, 1993-present
- Member, Arizona Public Health Association, 2017-present
- Reviewer of Abstracts, APHA's 2018 Annual Meeting, Public Health Education and Health Promotion Programs
- Campus Director, Brookline College, Tempe Campus 2015-2016
- Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs, Argosy University, San Diego Campus 2012-2014
- Associate Professor of Higher Education, Argosy University, Phoenix Campus 2008-2012
- Vice President of Academic Affairs, Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids, IA 2004-2007
- Vice President of Academic Affairs, Southeastern Community College, Burlington, IA
- Dean, Mathematics & Science, Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Associate Professor of Microbiology, Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Associate Director of the Office of Community College Affairs, The University of Iowa
- Adjunct Instructor, The University of Iowa
- Microbiology Instructor, Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
- Director, Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, Ottumwa Regional Health Center, Ottumwa, IA
- Lauer, ML (1994). Second-year associate degree nursing students' attitudes toward person with AIDS. Journal of Health Occupations Education, 9 (1),29-49.
- Delaney, CW and Lauer, ML (1988). Intravenous therapy: A guide to quality care. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Company.
- Research Presentations:
- Association for the Advancement of Health Education. Get Your Students Involved! How to Incorporate the Health People 2000 National Disease Prevention Objectives Into Your Courses. Presentation at the National Convention, 1996.
- American Public Health Association. The Ethics of Care: Teaching Strategies for Overcoming Negative Attitudes Towards Persons With HIV/AIDS. Presentation, 122nd Annual International Meeting, San Diego, 1995.
- American Public Health Association. Second-Year Associate Degree Nursing Students' Attitudes Toward Persons With HIV/AIDS. Presentation, 121st Annual International Meeting, Washington, DC, 1994.
- BS, Community Health Promotion, Northern Arizona University
- BS, Microbiology, Arizona State University
- MS, Pharmacology, Michigan State University
- MPH, Public Health, Michigan State University
- Culture and Health (HCR230)
- Health disparities in underserved communities, Resilience in HIV positive older adults, community health worker education and licensure, and pedagogy in undergraduate public health and STEM education.
- Member, National Cross RHEC Opioid Task Force, 2018-Present
- Co-Chair, Region 9 Health Equity Council, 2014-Present
- Co-Chair, National Cross RHEC Community Health Worker Coalition, 2015-Present
- Adjunct Instructor, Health Information Management, St. Petersburg College, 2017-Present