Welcome to the Paradise Valley Community College Emergency Medical Technology & Fire Science program website. Please feel free to learn more about our programs by browsing through our pages.
About Our Programs
Led by Dan Donahue, EMT Program Director & Captain/Paramedic with the Phoenix Fire Department, Paul Sunder, Fire Science Program Director & Captain (retired) from the Phoenix Fire Department, and Bob Dotterer, Paramedic Education Program Director retired from the Phoenix Fire Department, our nationally accredited programs provide a high-level of education & training in the areas of emergency medical services and fire science. With over 85 years of combined firefighting & EMS experience, our program directors bring a wealth of knowledge to our programs and are a great asset to students pursuing EMT, Paramedic, and Fire Science degrees and professional certifications.
FIRE SCIENCE NEWS & INFORMATION
- Fall 2017 Firefighter Operations Academy (Fire I & II Academy)
We are currently accepting academy interest forms for the Fall 2017 semester FSC102: Firefighter Operations Academy, scheduled to begin in August 2017. The deadline to submit an academy interest form is Friday, June 2, 2017 at 5:00pm. Interviews are anticipated to be held towards the end of June 2017.
(For more information, please see the Firefighter Ops Academy page.)
- For more information on our Fire Science Program, please see the Fire Science page.
PARAMEDIC EDUCATION NEWS & INFORMATION
- Paramedic Education Program
The next scheduled Paramedic Education Program is scheduled to begin January 2018. Please stay tuned for more information regarding this program in late summer 2017.
- For more information on our Paramedic Education Program, please see the Paramedic Program page.
EMT NEWS & INFORMATION
- Enrollment for EMT104 & EMT200 CANNOT be completed online!!! Enrollment must be through phone registration or in person through Admissions & Records in the KSC Building on campus.
- For more information on our EMT Program, please see the EMT page.