Online classes are taken remotely: at home, in the PVCC computer commons, or anywhere you have access to the internet. Students must enroll in a course by the enrollment deadline (enrollment is limited) and begin on the first day of class. All course work must be completed by the official end date. Some online courses at PVCC can be self-paced or staggered start, while others can be structured 16 week format. Please check the online web page to access information for each course.
These classes require reliable web and e-mail access for communication and assignments outside of the classroom.
Prior to beginning an Online class, you will need to:
- Know how to use Canvas. Instructions are made available in three ways:
- Instructions will be sent to you after you have registered via your Maricopa Gmail account
- Lab Assistants are available in the Computer Commons
- Canvas Guides for Students: https://guides.instructure.com/
- Set up your Maricopa email account at: http://google.maricopa.edu
When you register for a class at any of the Maricopa Community Colleges, you are given a Maricopa email account (through Google).
All college communication will be directed to you though this account.
Your email address will be <yourMEID>@maricopa.edu Your MEID is a 10 digit alpha/numeric code that begins with the first three letters of your first name.
This will be your permanent code for any semester or courses you take with any of the Maricopa Community Colleges.
Students who are likely to succeed in Online classes are
- Good time managers
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Strong readers
- Enjoy a blend of self-paced work with in-class structure