Our goal is to support your efforts to complete classes while maintaining your busy life. To do this, Distance Learning offers courses in three different formats that vary by subject, schedule, comfort level with technology, time on campus, level of independence, and time management skills:
- GIL – Print-based format you can do at home and arrange with your instructor to pick-up and drop off of assignments.
- HYBRID – Half the time spent in a traditional classroom and the other half online.
- ONLINE – These courses are done completely online at your own location and schedule. Due dates for assignments are given by the instructor.
Click on the links to the left labeled GIL, Hybrid, and Online to learn more about each format.
Distance Learning courses offer flexibility of schedule and location, and are especially convenient for students who have limited time to be in a traditional classroom due to work or other obligations. However, it does require more discipline, time management, and computer literacy to be successful. Take the readiness survey to find out how distance learning matches your learning style.
With choices, you have the power to learn and to succeed.
Distance Learning services provided include:
- Provide Distance Learning Briefing (Canvas tutorial).
- Serve as communication link between students and instructors.
- Support services for distance learning faculty.
- Compile Distance Learning evaluations.
- Facilitate the Distance Learning Coordinating Team
Distance Learning Coordinating Team
The program is managed by a team of faculty, meeting monthly to address current and future needs of the program.
- PVCC faculty, including co-coordinators for each delivery method.
- Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Distance Learning Coordinator
The mission of Distance Learning at Paradise Valley Community College is to provide distance learning opportunities through effective and accessible instructional alternatives and student instructional support services. These instructional alternatives and services are continuously evaluated and improved to meet the needs of students.