Plan now to attend the information session.
It is mandatory that interested students attend a Nurse Assisting (NA) Information Session.
Nursing Assistant Information Sessions for Fall 2015 Classes:
First Mondays of the month begining 09/07/2015 through 11/23/2015
The Nurse Assisting (NA) program prepares students for entry level employment in various health care settings as a nursing assistant. The program (NUR158) combines classroom instruction with clinical laboratory (at PVCC), skilled care (nursing home) and, when possible, acute care (hospital) experiences. Students who complete the program are eligible to take a written and practical certification examination and work as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Licensing requirements are the exclusive responsibility of the Arizona State Board of Nursing. www.azbn.gov
Upon satisfactory completion of the Nursing Assistant Course (NUR 158), the student is eligible to receive a certificate of completion from Paradise Valley Community College.
Submit a complete CNA Application Packet to the Nursing office, Bldg. G, #115. Students cannot register for NUR158 until their CNA Application has been reviewed and approved by the PVCC Nursing Department.
A complete NA Application Packet shall consist of
• Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card from the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS). Submit a copy of the front and back of the unrestricted Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
• CPR card for the Healthcare Provider (Level "C", 2-person CPR). Submit a copy of the front and back of the card. CPR cards obtained online are not accepted.
• Background Check Clearance:In addition to the fingerprint clearance card, obtain a background check clearance through http://www.h4certifiedbackground.com (see application for detailed instructions).
• Entrance Exam/Transcripts: obtain a placement test reading score above 74 on Accuplacer or above 75 on HESI-A2. Alternatively, submit a copy of unofficial transcripts showing completion of a college reading/writing course (i.e. ENG101, CRE091, CRE101).
• Proof of 6 immunizations: MMR, Varicella, Td, HepB, 2-Step TB Skin Test (2 TB Skin tests in a 3 week period) or chest x-ray, Influenza vaccination (see application for detailed description of each immunization).
• Health Care Provider Signature Form completed by the student's Health Care Provider.
Only students with a COMPLETE and APPROVED application, on file in the Nursing Department Office, will be allowed to register for NUR158, space available.
Available at the PVCC Information Desk in the Kranitz Student Center:
• NA Applications
• Fingerprint Clearance Card Packets
The Nurse Assisting Program at Paradise Valley Community College has been
accredited by the Arizona State Board of Nursing since 2002